So who is 'working' from home?

Started today with three canceled contracts. A total of some £13,750. I doubt the next three days will make it any better.

I work from home anyway, so no great dramas for me so far. But wifey is a teacher. For now, there's no teaching to be done, the kids have been sent home with a shit ton of homework and that's it. But if it goes on a bit longer, there may well be some remote teaching through video/audio conferences. So we've spent the morning setting up a second office space so she can use my office, and I'll hang out in my workshop with my laptop and the dogs.

So far so good.

No cancelled contracts as yet and I have sufficient work for the next 6 weeks.

However, I'm due down at Culdrose next week for 3 days, and then some work for a large steel company, both of which may need to be postponed. Then there's a UOR at Waddington and a trip to Marham in the offing.

Still SWMBO has been pestering me to take some time off so a couple of weeks holiday won't hurt.

Yippee, another coronavirus related thread!
I miss the good old days of Brexit.

I'm definitely going to be working from home because ...... I got laid off today !

Fair enough, they expect a downturn in people buying new sails for their boats and I was a part - time worker and last in, so first out.

Once I have pushed the vacuum cleaner around I will go fishing.

Life is a beach.
Sorry to hear that mate, I hate doing the hoovering as well.

We had a meeting today and the management are arranging for people to take home their puters and have a link to servers, software licences etc.

Bloody killjoys. They know how to be efficient when it comes to ruining my once on a lifetime virus jolly.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
But you could stay at home and kick Mrs Helm’s doors in?
Winston has already been there... In your own time, give the punchline

Bollox, they don't. Tiled rooms, with a load of stainless steel.
Ours smells vaguely of whatever detergent they mop the floors with.
I like the Mortuary for the quiet. Rose cottage is my favourite hang out as there always room in the big fridges for my cocaine cola.
Each to their one mate. The one my Bro is going to tomorrow is rough as fuck, maybe that's why they want us to build a new freezer and cold room :)

Mrs O_Bs big big boss is a Canadian Lt General.

Put out an e-mail today stating that you start work at the same time , respect normal working practices including wearing the same clothing as normal for work. No PJs , quite a decent idea I think.

Good for the mental aspect of working at home.

Norfolkred1

Clanker
I work for a Driver Agency, no work so far this week. Thankfully a good pension and no mortgage. Downfall wifey at work earning a crust.
Day 1. Grass cut
Day 2. Garage cleared, 3 bogs and En-Suite gleaming.
Day 3. No doubt I may find the ironing pile.

I work from home anyway, so no great dramas for me so far. But wifey is a teacher. For now, there's no teaching to be done, the kids have been sent home with a shit ton of homework and that's it. But if it goes on a bit longer, there may well be some remote teaching through video/audio conferences. So we've spent the morning setting up a second office space so she can use my office, and I'll hang out in my workshop with my laptop and the dogs.

So far so good.
I'll be expecting some serious output from you on the other thread then, from your office on the 'balcony'.

I'm self unemployed. All my stuff has been postponed/cancelled.
Mrs Stain is going to be working at home on alternate days from next week, so I'd better get some chippy work or it'll be divorce ahead.

Four hours into working from home and Mrs. DD was loudly speculating on how many people would end up divorced following this whole covid19 quarantine thing.

If I get ill I'll stay home. I dread SWMBO getting ill. Partly because she hates being ill and is NOT a good patient and secondly because I'll be forced to self isolate reducing further the number of police officers available to deal with emergencies (assuming that by that stage we have told the primordial ooze that make up most of our client base that their latest social media spat with their ex-partner's mum's partner's daughter's ex is not of sufficient import to warrant a response at the moment)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Mrs O_Bs big big boss is a Canadian Lt General.

Put out an e-mail today stating that you start work at the same time , respect normal working practices including wearing the same clothing as normal for work. No PJs , quite a decent idea I think.

Good for the mental aspect of working at home.
I got home from work, removed tie, hung trousers and considered my working day over. I did in fact go into work every day, but there was a symbolism in taking the office clothes off.

Latest Threads