So who is 'working' from home?

Completely. Me and the missus can't believe our luck: being antisocial buggers and not seeing anyone has suddenly become A Good Thing
Yes we are loving it! The kids and my wife are autistic so they really struggle with being out in public so they are really enjoying nobody telling them to go out

Indeed! This social isolation thing is a piece of piss! Like, I think, most ex military types, I have a very low tolerance to society as a whole, so seeing even less people than I normally do is just great. I live on the edge of the countryside, so taking the dog for a nice long bimble, I'm lucky to see maybe 2 people, where we pass at opposite sides of the road with a nod.
The missus and I take turns in doing a weekly supermarket run, the rest is bought from the village shop if we need it. I can game all day without guilt. Burn stuff in my fire pit. Do a bit of DIY here and there to keep 'er indoors sweet.
Yeah. I'm good with all this.
Same here mate. We live just outside the town so a daily walk takes us straight out into the countryside and we come in contact with zero sheeple.

theinventor

Old-Salt
Funnily enough though, bet our experiences of loving the lockdown aren't going to be captured and netted off against all the people claiming misery from being stuck inside!
If this is what retirement is like, I'll be taking it as soon as I can.

ches

LE
I am actually working from home (even though i've jumped off the coy VPN to scan this place) & i get far more done & work far more efficiently like this as opposed to sitting in our office. Plus i'm using the 30 min commute to get back in the saddle phyz wise & I've lost half a stone over the last 2- 3 weeks. I'm enjoying myself apart from the replen runs with mongs not paying attention in the shopping aisles. Cnuts.

I've just come off an arse aching 2 hour zoom meeting for management which was enlivened with some shop floor types joining in and not muting their mics.
Everytime one of the management team was trying to get a serious point across, some twat kept coughing or whistling and so the picture kept cutting to them.
An east European lad got up and had a blistering row with his missus for nearly 20 minutes in wizzy wizzy language until someone figured out how to uninvite him.
We heard a crashing and screaming noise so it's fair to say he may have lamped his old lady with the entire management team as witnesses.

me

Poppy

LE
I've just come off an arse aching 2 hour zoom meeting for management which was enlivened with some shop floor types joining in and not muting their mics.
Everytime one of the management team was trying to get a serious point across, some twat kept coughing or whistling and so the picture kept cutting to them.
An east European lad got up and had a blistering row with his missus for nearly 20 minutes in wizzy wizzy language until someone figured out how to uninvite him.
We heard a crashing and screaming noise so it's fair to say he may have lamped his old lady with the entire management team as witnesses.
you can mute attendees on zoom you know -although meeting chairman should say at the start of the meeting mute yourselves until you're invited to speak. Get a more robust chairman next meeting!

you can mute attendees on zoom you know -although meeting chairman should say at the start of the meeting mute yourselves until you're invited to speak. Get a more robust chairman next meeting!
Only the organiser can on the version we were using apparently

mrboo

War Hero
Well I must admit I'm loving the work side of this lockdown not so much the pubs and restaurants shut. Oh and the bloody cleaners have stopped coming . I work as a lorry diver so sit at home and wait for a phone call to go in ,we are only delivering to essential work so go in about 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of hours no traffic on the roads and full pay what's not to like.

Geek

Poppy

LE
that's probably the ONLY time anyone will ever call me that-even in jest.I tried to get in a zoom conference earlier and couldn't hear anyone........so I slunk away

it's great this home working though- if you fancy a rest/are in a dull meeting just say you lost the internet for a while :)

I work a 6 on 3 off block, I've been getting stood down for 2 or 3 shifts in a block, so I'm saving on fuel for work and getting paid in full for sitting on my arse. ;)

Boss texted me to say furlough has been extended by an additional 3 weeks. So far I have been off almost 5 weeks out of an initial 6 week furlough.

theinventor

Old-Salt
Just starting week 3 of a 6 week govt sponsored holiday. I've not done half the stuff I need to (and less than a quarter of what my wife wants me to) so hope it lasts as promised to end of May

Two of my colleagues in the department* have been furloughed.
Before all this happened I was travelling to client sites to run training/consultancy so I was out of the office 3 - 5 days a week.
I'm now running training online from my home office/garden bar.

Funnily enough until the lockdown the general manager has tried to prevent working from home, and online training.
A couple of weeks before this all kicked off management refused to test any part of our business continuity plan/disaster plan as "we will never need it". Apparently my email to them all containing just three words "told you so" hasn't gone down well with some.

*Not "The Department" @BugsyIV

Radio Controlled masturbating machine?

I used to have little rosettes printed up with "Told you so" in the middle in pretty text, then leave them lying on certain desks where the occupier had decided something against the flow. One manager had a collection that, fair does to him, he used to use as a reminder that he may not always have all the facts...

Latest Threads