So who is 'working' from home?

Yup, day 4... a bit more track- bashing..
brakes 1.png

Today I 'as been eatin bacon eggs and chips, cooked by me. Nt going to the restaurant again due to a few gun totin expats wandering about breathing all over the food and not washing their hands on entry. The management has set up a table with hand wash stuff but the twats just ignored it.

Anyway back to my little room to check on the home brew. The Carafe 21 has taken off and is bubbling away through the airlock so all is good.

Tomorrow is another day and we will see how the lockdown of Kabul is going.

R0B

War Hero
Told two weeks ago on Friday , it’s home work until further notice. Any questions?

Yes can we take monitors home to work.

NO.

This Monday , e-mail “You can take monitors home to work”.

**** , we are on lock down , how can we get to work to get the monitors. ?
I've been working at home for two weeks. I managed to get my big monitor home (and an Apple Cinema Display and MacPro). I would have really missed not having it.

IMG_1633.jpg

My missus has been trying to do online lessons for her pupils but there hasn't been much uptake.
She had 2 kids online yesterday out of a class of 30.
Kid 1s mum was heard over the mic asking
Who's that?
That's Ryan Mum
Oh what, weird Ryan ?
Ryan hears it and logs off.
She's now a personal tutor

So, last week I was working from home, but this week I'm working from work. There are some notable differences. At work, I get away with doing a lot less, as everyone assumes that, being actually at work automatically means I'm working, when in fact I've been spending my entire day on my phone either playing games or on Arrse. I also get to go outdoors as often as I want. Additionally, the drive to and from work is so much quicker and more pleasant without you non-essentials clogging up the roads, and the near total absence of the Police means I can do 50 or 60 through the villages. Except on the way home, when it seems like everyone who has a bike wants to ride it.

I was happlily working from home until about an hour ago when my line manager called me to say I am on furlough for the next 3 weeks.

Initially a bit chuffed as I'm in the dining room working and watching the population of the planet walk past to take their dogs/children for a walk on the golf course opposite whilst I sweat over a keyboard all day.

Then the reality of it hit home, I don't have an excuse to avoid household chores now.
It was rather pleasant to sit here watching the 2IC cook, wash-up do the laundry etc. whilst I'm on arrse working very, very hard.

The downside is trying to explain to her that despite us both having a drop in salary for now we are still more than capable of paying the mortgage & bills and still have money to spare. All the expenditure for the house goes into its own account and the surplus is our spends . . . . . and we can't really spend it on much though I may be investing in some patio slabs if she continues to keep panicking about things that have already been worked through & explained several times.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I was happlily working from home until about an hour ago when my line manager called me to say I am on furlough for the next 3 weeks.

Initially a bit chuffed as I'm in the dining room working and watching the population of the planet walk past to take their dogs/children for a walk on the golf course opposite whilst I sweat over a keyboard all day.

Then the reality of it hit home, I don't have an excuse to avoid household chores now.
It was rather pleasant to sit here watching the 2IC cook, wash-up do the laundry etc. whilst I'm on arrse working very, very hard.

The downside is trying to explain to her that despite us both having a drop in salary for now we are still more than capable of paying the mortgage & bills and still have money to spare. All the expenditure for the house goes into its own account and the surplus is our spends . . . . . and we can't really spend it on much though I may be investing in some patio slabs if she continues to keep panicking about things that have already been worked through & explained several times.
You have a mortgage?

theinventor

Old-Salt
After 3 years flat-out on a project today was supposed to be the start of a well-earned 2 week holiday. But instead it's now the start of a six-week (probably) furlough.
What's the difference I hear you ask... As a 2 week holiday I'd be busy getting the last 3 years worth of house jobs done. As a 6 week furlough, I'm going back to bed with a cup of tea and I'll think about it tomorrow.

After 3 years flat-out on a project today was supposed to be the start of a well-earned 2 week holiday. But instead it's now the start of a six-week (probably) furlough.
What's the difference I hear you ask... As a 2 week holiday I'd be busy getting the last 3 years worth of house jobs done. As a 6 week furlough, I'm going back to bed with a cup of tea and I'll think about it tomorrow.
I'm almost three weeks into a six week furlough after being flat out for longer than I can remember and thought it would drive me insane but actually its totally the opposite as I an really enjoying the free time. I'm very antisocial at best of times, dont frequent pubs and do most of my shopping online so the social distancing rules are not bothering me at all!!

theinventor

Old-Salt
I'm almost three weeks into a six week furlough after being flat out for longer than I can remember and thought it would drive me insane but actually its totally the opposite as I an really enjoying the free time. I'm very antisocial at best of times, dont frequent pubs and do most of my shopping online so the social distancing rules are not bothering me at all!!
Completely. Me and the missus can't believe our luck: being antisocial buggers and not seeing anyone has suddenly become A Good Thing

Completely. Me and the missus can't believe our luck: being antisocial buggers and not seeing anyone has suddenly become A Good Thing
Indeed! This social isolation thing is a piece of piss! Like, I think, most ex military types, I have a very low tolerance to society as a whole, so seeing even less people than I normally do is just great. I live on the edge of the countryside, so taking the dog for a nice long bimble, I'm lucky to see maybe 2 people, where we pass at opposite sides of the road with a nod.
The missus and I take turns in doing a weekly supermarket run, the rest is bought from the village shop if we need it. I can game all day without guilt. Burn stuff in my fire pit. Do a bit of DIY here and there to keep 'er indoors sweet.
Yeah. I'm good with all this.

Latest Threads