So who is sporting 58 patt pouches on their belt kit?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by EX_STAB, Sep 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got my packing list for camp. It's a bit bollocks. It requires far more space in my belt order than my issued kit will take. Fortunately I have some 58 pattern water bottle pouches from the dark ages so I shall be adding them to my issue kit.

Anybody else still using retro kit?
  2. I used to just take less kit - If I haven't got it; I didn't need it! Off anywhere nice?
  3. Are you still sporting an entrenching tool on your belt by any chance?
  4. I'm still using my 1975-issued water bottle, mug and mess tins. The 1975-issued water bottle pouch is attached to my 1975-issued belt for occasions when I think I may get thirsty but don't need to carry webbing.
  5. Are you still using 1975-issued water? :)
  6. You're just being silly now.

It came out of the tap at home. Us TA don't get the perks that Regulars get. Issued? - tsk! Don't you know that the Bounty is there to cover stuff like water?
  7. You have a tap at...home? Looxury!
  8. I bought it with my Bounty one year. The Bounty is also there to provide taps. That's why we can't claim for water on JPA.
  9. I never realised chocolate was so versatile.
  10. 37 Pattern is better for sandy places,although the water bottle carriers are shite at stopping things falling out.
  11. Until two years ago my unit's SOPs still had the packing list showing Right and Left Ammo Pouches, Kidney Pouches, Poncho Roll and Large Pack etc.......
  12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Why not just tell whoever drafted up the packing list that they are obviously a clown of the highest order and get someone with an ounce of knowledge to re-do it?
  13. We were issued dehydrated water, brillient stuff!
  14. You have SOPs ? Lucky bastards. I make it up as I go along which these days consists of chucking stuff back in the cupboard until the required state of spartan simplicity is achieved. This kind of nostalgic Cold War packing list is a positive combat identifier for a visibly aging and/or expanding TO (V) trying to relive his glory days ... SLR ... man's gun .... gun group left ... metal helmets ... trops and smocks ... and so on until I am forced to stifle a scream of "I was there too and it was shit ! Progress is just that !"
  15. X59

X59 LE

I don't believe you.
    • Funny Funny x 1