So who is better, 101 Creaming Eagles or 82nd All Merkin?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Bravo_Bravo, Dec 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Jus' wunnerin.

I have a very large willy, which I am waving. See me wave my willy. Look at me. Look at me. I wave my willy.

HOOAAH.

2. You forget the 173rd :twisted:

3. Jimi Hendrix was in the 101st so I say them!

4. Define what you mean by large.

Where are you up to in 'The Peter and Jane' books. Has Pat the dog entered the scene yet? I've just finished the whole series. I am very proud, I might just wave my Willy. It is big.

5. See Jane run

See Peter chase Jane

See Peter catch Jane

See Peter impregnate Jane

Swallow, Jane, swallow!

6. See Fluff run

See Spot chase Fluff

See Spot catch Fluff

See Spot disembowel Fluff

Die, Fluff, die!

7. 82nd are Paras

101st are Air Assault

as parachute ops are obsolete I'd have to wave my willy with the 101st

8. 173rd jumped into Northern Iraq, they departed from Italy

http://www.173rdairborne.com/menuiraq.htm

9. A coy of Paratroopers from the 82nd reinforced a Ranger Bn for a drop in Afghan in 2006, it was hush hushed at the time but hit the press in 2008ish. So much for being obsolete.

82nd don't just do the Airborne role. They carried out plenty of air assaults in the Sangin area in support of Brit forces, even having a chinook shot down while approaching a hot LZ.

10. Having been lucky enough to serve alongside some 82nd types, and subsequently having been invited to and attended their Xmas bash at Bragg, my vote's for the 82nd, all the way. Top blokes & blokesses.

11. still waving my willy with the 101st :p

12. Local based 82nd.AA in WW2 always refered to the 17 Airborne as th 'Nigger'Division, as their badge was 'Black and Yeller'.
    (Of topic but there you go!)

13. I've got the Command Sgt Major's challenge coin for the 101st so I ought to go with them..."Balls of the Eagle sir! Oh..erm...what? Ah Good morning Sar'Major" - how funny, a bit like John Wayne meets Jack Hawkins it was!

Then again we had a batery from the 82nd in the AMF(L)...who were good eggs, good Gunners and loved going on the p1ss in Jedburgh instead of whipping away to london for R&R.

So I don't really know Mavis...they're all big lovelies!

14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Which one was it band of brothers?

That one.

Attached Files: