So Who hid behind the settee last night.

The latestest offering of Dr Who hit the screens last night, Peter Capaldi has his work cut out to make it as the Dr.
I personally thought it was good, but then again I did see the very first episode back in the 60@s with Willam Hartnell so hiding behind the settee for me is mandatory.
Did anyone else enjoy a great bit of escapism on an otherwise televisual load of bollocks.

The latestest offering of Dr Who hit the screens last night, Peter Capaldi has his work cut out to make it as the Dr.
I personally thought it was good, but then again I did see the very first episode back in the 60@s with Willam Hartnell so hiding behind the settee for me is mandatory.
Did anyone else enjoy a great bit of escapism on an otherwise televisual load of bollocks.

Haven't watched since the early 80s when it became the usual BBC vehicle for multi culti PC right on bollocks.

fu2

LE
daleks and cybermen scared the shit out of me as a kid (used to hide behind the Sofa as well)

Legallybalds avatar scares me much more!

He didn't stamp his personality on the role as immediately as Ecclestone or Smith but he wasn't bad and it was a promising start.

I couldn't help expecting him to launch into a foul-mouthed tirade at any point, though.

Good to see Jenna Coleman hitting on some old bastard and some lizard lezzi action. Good telly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't watched since the early 80s when it became the usual BBC vehicle for multi culti PC right on bollocks.

The pc correctness kills it for me....

Kids don't need that sort of stuff in their entertainment.....Those of us from the early years of the show saw it as something pure not to be meddled with for political gain.

Maybe this Doctor will turn out to be gay and they will bring Capt Jack back!!

exspy

LE
Weak storyline. I agree about Capaldi not stamping his personality on the role out of the gate. Both of these I put down to the writing. Hopefully the season will develop. I'm prepared to watch every episode regardless.

Cheers,
Dan.

He didn't stamp his personality on the role as immediately as Ecclestone or Smith but he wasn't bad and it was a promising start.

I couldn't help expecting him to launch into a foul-mouthed tirade at any point, though.
hFB7DF48A

The pc correctness kills it for me....

Kids don't need that sort of stuff in their entertainment.....Those of us from the early years of the show saw it as something pure not to be meddled with for political gain.

Maybe this Doctor will turn out to be gay and they will bring Capt Jack back!!
That's next week's storyline. Along with the finale being where the Doctor is confronted by his assistant for repressing her and keeping her in a subservient role, before she takes him to court and sues him. And then publicly announces that the next doctor should be a black lesbian.

It was good I like the lesbian lizard amd mr potato head

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT

I was a bit upset about the lizard/lesbian action.

We all know that people enjoy a bit of lizard/lesbian action, ans we all knew they were married/had a strange relationship/tipped the velvet - but the BBC spoiled it.

Either go the whole way and show her licking her out. or don't bother.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I missed it, might watch it on I player
i am of the origional black and white age, and in my youth accompanying my father to work on saturday as we crossed Albert bridge on the bus the film the daleks invade the earth was being filmed, I had to be dragged of the bus and walked well away from the daleks lest they get me

I wouldn't say no to watching this green minx doing a bit of velvet tipping

vina2.jpg

Who would have dreamed of going into a Daleks head. A great episode well worth the wait and the watch, Miss Coleman as luverly as ever, with clothes on :sad:
Looks like this is only going to get better as it goes on.

Shagging tripe! It must be the easiest frigging job in the universe being a writer for Dr Who: 'Er... right... then. New series... [sigh]... erm... Cyb... no... done to death. Dal... no, no, no ******* NO! What was I thinking?' Er... [shakes head in exasperation]... [30 minutes later] Oh **** IT! Daleks it is.'