So who has the most medals in your unit (Serving) ?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by bodyarmour, Jun 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following on from an earlier thread who has the most medals in your unit ? We too have a Medic (SNCO) in our unit with TEN Medals! ana a Cpl with eight, so i guess people will now be leaving with 10-12 Medals...More like the "Yanks" :(

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I know a chap with 13 give or take 1.

3. are you classifying this as separate medals or including bars to the GSM?

some years ago (ahem!) my chief clerk had 6 or 7 bars to the GSM, as a dedicated paper pusher i enquired about his previous existence as a warrior. he assured me that he had been bass guitar in the regimental dance band and had been sent out to entertain the troops. in big wars, one day in theatre counts - even if in theatre means just that :D :D

4. Ventress,

Are you in a position to name the 13 medals?

5. Ventress,

Are you in a position to name the 13 medals?

6. Ill take one :wink:

7. I think one of them was for the egg and spoon race

8. Good Grief! I remember SNCOs in my regiment, veterans of WW2 (Burma and NWEurope), Palestine, Korea, Malaya, Radfan and Borneo who didn't have 10 medals!

9. At Pegasus Bridge for the 60th anniv of D Day I saw an old boy from the SAS with 11 medals on.

I told him that this was just plain greedy ( Sir ) and took a photo which I will try to dig out tonight.

10. Cheers Beebs!

[​IMG]

11. cojones....[​IMG][/URL][/img]

12. I called him Sir and bought him a brandy.

Taken at Cafe Gondree, Pegasus Bridge D Day plus 60.

13. Brave lad, but only 6 UK issued ones I see which includes the TD (Territorial Decoration)

Sorry I meant to say... Territorial Efficiency Medal

14. I met an American on secondment here. She had three ribbons on the uniform she was wearing as that is the max for the type of uniform. Actually she had 14 medals plus 18 ribbons on the right hand side that are not medal earning awards - just the ribbons.

She said she had not been awarded any medals for the past ten years as she had been working in the UK and they had forgotten about her?