So who else fancies going to Iraq?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by ssupersixfour, Feb 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I noticed this line in the annoucements about the new force package for Iraq:

Full story here:

MoD News Release

2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

so will the FP coy at BAS no longer be a TA task?

3. sounds like there will still be an FP element

4. Been a couple of times already, not in any rush to get a hat-trick.

5. No ta. I'd do Afghanistan if I could get back in. Am looking at doing this at present. Clearly, I understand that one doesn't get a choice......

6. Really?

They've offered me the choice, after finishing training... Where, when, and (to some extent) for how long.

Is that trade specific?

FF.

7. You must be WAHing me :)

8. Perhaps not, fella in my unit also got the choice of where to go...
    The Armed Forces work in mysterious wayss :D

9. Why not try a nice holiday in many of the countries around the world where the curbs don't explode.

10. No, seriously. They said, "start thinking about when you can go... for example, if Iraq in the summer's not good for you, you tell us when you can go, where you'd like to, and we'll fit you in".

Now, they may have been WAHing me... but I hadn't thought of that! ;)

FF.

11. It's a good point well made. The simple answer I suppose is that I think it's something I should do.

I'm looking at trying to get back in and go on a tour. There are a lot of big questions that I have to ask myself, some practical, some philosophical. I'll post it all up soon.

Don't feel compelled to hound me in the meantime.

Cheers,

Ex STAB

12. So far this year I have been warned off for 3 different deployments, one to Iraq, and two to Afghanistan, Kabul and Helmand each with different units TA and Regular. And i'm still kicking about for a post to come up. So it is not a definate anymore that you will get mobilised.....

13. So what sort of people/roles are getting mobilised?

14. Loggies - for certain (as usual).

15. I can confirm that loggies are very short handed at the moment, and I have heard that medic's are also in demand (dont know if that is true or not though)