So who else fancies going to Afghan?

#1
Current thread on new troop deployment here:
Thread in Current Affairs Board

My RSS reader pointed me to this:
Graniuad Article

which in particular had this line of interest:

Around 600 callout notices will be served on reservists in order to fill some 420 posts.
Though I guess mosts of those going will already know by now, judging by some of the other threads that have been on here in recent months.
 
#2
Might be referring to the TA AMS deployments starting soon.
 
#3
600 with 420 taken up. still a fair few brown envelopes. I wonder how many will arrive and be told, sorry we've filled your place already. You can go home now :pissedoff:
 
#5
EX_STAB said:
I'd love to but I'm 37 and can't expect to get back in a teeth arm.
Quite right, as they are now called combat arms ;)

msr
 
#6
msr said:
EX_STAB said:
I'd love to but I'm 37 and can't expect to get back in a teeth arm.
Quite right, as they are now called combat arms ;)

msr
Or are we going to turn this into a "Why don't the MoD pay for TA dentistry?" thread..... :thumright:
 
#7
I was told I was going in May, Got a phone call tonight to say the post has been filled or does not exist any more. When I asked for details of other jobs, I was told there wasn't anything else.

If anyone knows of a unit that needs a TA CQMS to start mobilisation March - May pm me.

This seems an odd way to try and get a job but you never know.

Cheers
BW
 
#8
brucewillis said:
I was told I was going in May, Got a phone call tonight to say the post has been filled or does not exist any more. When I asked for details of other jobs, I was told there wasn't anything else.

If anyone knows of a unit that needs a TA CQMS to start mobilisation March - May pm me.

This seems an odd way to try and get a job but you never know.

Cheers
BW
It isn't, we had a call for 60 bods, put 30 names forward and 3 were chosen.

msr
 
#10
Don't believe it, two posts came up, both fell through after work, family etc got used to the bad news. :shock:
 
#11
Our lot had a mass of volunters well about 10 .2 were chosen maybe the days of mass moblisations are over ?
 
#12
Last mobilisation in my unit to support RA on Herrick asked for 40 pax.. They recevied 40 names - all willing to go.. They called forward 2..

It was another 10 weeks after this, the remaining 38 were told to stand-down!

As the boys were asked to inform their employers of impending mobilisation, two lost their jobs and some of the others have now seen careers stop.

The boys are now a little concerned about future mobilisations and take-up!
 
#13
Copperhead said:
As the boys were asked to inform their employers of impending mobilisation, two lost their jobs and some of the others have now seen careers stop.
That must be annoying.

And there was me thinking it was all planned and thought about: I recall there's a vacancy list somewhere (?????)
 
#15
brucewillis said:
I thought the Army was desperate to mobilise as many TA as possible?.
LOL same here mate! Apparently not though! All I wanna do is go on Herrick with the regs as an inf pte... easier said than done apparently... should have stayed stateside, they'd have had me in the sandbox as a Sgt before I could say G.I. Bill! DOH!
 
#16
Many are called, few are chosen ...
 
#18
I said:
And there was me thinking it was all planned and thought about: I recall there's a vacancy list somewhere (?????)
I've found it:

List of Mobilisation opportunities

However:

the downloaded document said:
LAND is currently matching the requirement with nominated units for the next period of mobilisation in support of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the detail of the posts that will need to be filled by Reservists will not be available until Mid Nov 06.
So those of you keen to deploy, don't go holding your breath!
 
#19
ssupersixfour said:
the downloaded document said:
LAND is currently matching the requirement with nominated units for the next period of mobilisation in support of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the detail of the posts that will need to be filled by Reservists will not be available until Mid Nov 06.
So those of you keen to deploy, don't go holding your breath!
... for a time machine to be invented...
 
#20
At the risk of continually resurrecting otherwise-long-dead threads, the 'Opportunities - mobilised service' part of the Army website has been updated at the following link:

Read the Herrick notice at the top

LAND is currently looking to fill 60 INF/RAC/RA posts for the next period of mobilisation in support of operations in Afghanistan later this year.
and

Mobilisation date will be 12 Jun 07
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ssupersixfour Army Reserve 22
PLOD Aviation 4
P Current Affairs, News and Analysis 23

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top