So whilst the military face redundancies convicted cops get full pension rights

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by theylie, Jun 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is the Police pension paid for by the Police themselves though?

I know ours is 'taken in to account' when wages are set, but I thought the Police actually pay a sum of money in to the pot, which they could otherwise take as wages.
  2. She would pay around 11-12%

She's lost a massive amount off her lump sum by going early.

If sacked her pension would have been frozen til she was 65 and she'd have lost two thirds.
  3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Seems the problem was caused by the length of time they took to investigate her.
    The 20 months investigation took her nicely to 25 years and gave her the chance to retire within the rules.

Meanwhile Yorkshire's plice Cheif went after his contract wasn't renewed after admitting gross misconduct trousered £250,000 for his troubles.

BBC News - Law change call over North Yorkshire police payout
  4. Gawd!

Now that IS obscene.
  5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

So who is it? C'mon fess up now...
  6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

No difference to the military. I do know of someone who was court martialed at his 23 year point, bust to Pte & discharged.
    & yes he got a 23 year WO2 pension. Pensions earned are almost impossible to take away. The outrage bus carries no weight with the law.
  7. He refused to go and after many threats to bin him, when it came down to it, the Police Authority didn't keep their word. Too many people connected to that Force with fingers in every pie. The bloke who replaced him is no respecter of rules or regulations either. Just wait until the case against the CC of Cleveland Police and his side kick get's dropped though. That crooked little bastard has been suspended for around 2 years now as has his side kick. It's costing millions. I'll bet my house that the case get's dropped and the little weasel sues the arse off them. Both North Yorks & Cleveland are up to their eyes in corruption.
  8. Interesting article, but;

(a) She wasn't, and never has been, a detective.

(b) She didn't receive a 'full' pension. She's lost about 120k off her commutation and 6k pa by going at the earliest opportunity. Quite a hit for a relatively minor offence.
  9. Not so much the investigation, more the time waiting for court appearances, preliminary hearings, appeals and disciplinary hearings. It's interminable.
  10. 'Disgraced Detective' sounds better that 'Disgraced greasy pole climbing, desk occupying, political, lacking in any leadership qualities whatsoever but prepared to shag her way up the ranks' uniformed Chief Inspector.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Recently upped from 11% to 12.25% of salary for police officers on the 1987 scheme (30 years). Those joining since about 2006 pay about 8.5% of salary and have to do 35 years. I think the Armed Forces Scheme is non-contributory but I stand to be corrected.
  12. You might say that, I couldn't possibly comment :razz:
  13. He held on like a drowning man. There's not an ounce of decency in his entire body. He refused to admit that he was guilty and even challenged the 'audacity' of those who investigated him. Throughout, the fat **** acted like he was above the law.