So which oggie unit was it?

I have to say, I loved it when I was there and would've spent longer. Was range safety for some random inf regiment that I can't remember now. Hired a 4x4 and did my own Battlefield tour. Got a puncture at high speed and nearly rolled into the ocean, met a nice chap who repaired the puncture for me saving me money, met some nice girls in a bar in Stanley and generally had an enjoyable time. Even went to the beach to see the Penguins. Tip-toed around the 'MINES NO ENTRY' signs only to find the ******* weren't there.

Even with weeks running up and down the hills and baby heads watching shit drills in the pissing rain, still loved it. Even went fishing after finding a rod in an old freight container. Turns out fish don't like ORP pate.

Only downside was the weird ******* Benny range warden in the arse of nowhere who kept trying to rape the young Privates. Ah well. A small price to pay.
The cookhouse was excellent but the accommodation for the firic was shoddy. There was sod all to do but go to the gym and drink there. I was bored silly due to the unrealistic expectation of having me sat in the armourers workshop from 0800-1600 6 days a week with absolutely sod all to do.

'their RAF transport plane had earlier 'broken down'.'

'all-inclusive luxury resort'.

Sounds about right.

Strangely it appears to have been a scheduled refueling stop.
They didn't have to use the Trivago breakdown app when the interior light bulb went they were already en route.
Has Ascension been made redundant?

surely diverse RE squadrons are responsible for turning out of the,way tropical paradises into dens of eniquity and sex,59sqn built an R&R bungalow,on a secluded beach on the gulf of siam ,we also built a bar so Pattaya was Created, RE,s had another R&R bungalow on the beach outside of Mombasa,which was later developed as kenyas biggest brothel called silver sands, home of leprosy and the whole hepatitis alphabet, sorry cannot remember the name of the floating village in british guyana,built on re pontoons , with thenightclub and motel built out of MFO crates and tarpaulins maybe some of the old and bold remember its name and location

surely diverse RE squadrons are responsible for turning out of the,way tropical paradises into dens of eniquity and sex,59sqn built an R&R bungalow,on a secluded beach on the gulf of siam ,we also built a bar so Pattaya was Created, RE,s had another R&R bungalow on the beach outside of Mombasa,which was later developed as kenyas biggest brothel called silver sands, home of leprosy and the whole hepatitis alphabet, sorry cannot remember the name of the floating village in british guyana,built on re pontoons , with thenightclub and motel built out of MFO crates and tarpaulins maybe some of the old and bold remember its name and location
Pattaya? Really? Considering it was an R+R centre for the septics during Vietnam...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pattaya? Really? Considering it was an R+R centre for the septics during Vietnam...seeing as 59 and 54 sqn re were in thailand from 63 and the vietnam war didnot start till mid 66, the yanks had a combined thai us base 30 miles further south from our bungalow, yankee drivers used to pop in on their way to bangkok or korat,between 63 and 66, by the way us were just starting to build up there troop strength in thailand,, the americans built their first R&R bungalows in what was to become pattaya in february 1967, by the way my infformation does not come from wiki or the internet,I actually was there from 63 to 66, check my photos of the bay and the fishing hut and our bungalow, and of course my bar Barbos the first one in town

Pattaya? Really? Considering it was an R+R centre for the septics during Vietnam...seeing as 59 and 54 sqn re were in thailand from 63 and the vietnam war didnot start till mid 66, the yanks had a combined thai us base 30 miles further south from our bungalow, yankee drivers used to pop in on their way to bangkok or korat,between 63 and 66, by the way us were just starting to build up there troop strength in thailand,, the americans built their first R&R bungalows in what was to become pattaya in february 1967, by the way my infformation does not come from wiki or the internet,I actually was there from 63 to 66, check my photos of the bay and the fishing hut and our bungalow, and of course my bar Barbos the first one in town

Fair enough...:)

ugly

LE
'their RAF transport plane had earlier 'broken down'.'

'all-inclusive luxury resort'.

Sounds about right.
Lucky bastards, all I got was an overnight in an unfinished hotel in Gander!