So where has the discussion on the Queens Birthday List Gone

Has 2fast4You managed to delete it all?

Has his dad proved to be bigger than MODs dad?

Has free speech gone the same way?

In the absence of anything to bump..............BUMP.

We received a complaint (predictably) so it's been removed.

However, I have screenshots of all of '2Fast4Us' inane dribblings which will now feature on a dedicated Wiki page for....errr....future scholarship.

Gone but not forgotten; it truly was a great thread. Shame about the complaint especially given that 2fast4you had enough warnings but continued to bite.

Just out of interest, whilst I appreciate you probably can't say who complained (CO 3 LSR? Maj Osborne?), what was the nature of the complaint? Were the bigger boys a bit rough with Junior, or were certain individuals a bit embarrassed to find the seed of their loins making the family name look tonk online?

Just being nosey......

R

really?_fascinating

And did you, as I have heard, reveal the names of those posting? Duty rumour is mods have linked real names to forum names - kind of PERSEC breach, particularly for those no longer serving.

I was at 3CS with both Father and Son, if my memory serves me correctly father was a stingy jock git, son was a scrawny little cheb who the joined the pt corps.

really?_fascinating said:
And did you, as I have heard, reveal the names of those posting? Duty rumour is mods have linked real names to forum names - kind of PERSEC breach, particularly for those no longer serving.
Whatever you've heard Really? Fascinating?, names haven't come from me. I haven't been in the RLC since March 1996 and have lost touch with all those I served with. I only know the real identities of four Arrsers on here, and none are or were RLC. Your mole lies elsewhere.

R

really?_fascinating

Good good. Then I shall regard myself as told off! As for the complaint - warranted I am sure

hmmm the same "Allegedly" QM who switched of the oil to the heater in the singley block for the winter to save money, and freeze all the soldiers "Allegedly" <--- dont wish to upset anyone, now in a free speech forum

All your suppositions could be true but it got a bit heated so was pulled. You naughty naughty boys.

Proximo said:
We received a complaint (predictably) so it's been removed.

However, I have screenshots of all of '2Fast4Us' inane dribblings which will now feature on a dedicated Wiki page for....errr....future scholarship.
Well, here's another complaint! 'Grrrr - I'm really angry and am complaining that the thread has gone!!' .....Now you can put it back again!! Easy!

Before it is pointed out - yes I have just joined, I have done this in order to, post this one reply, to offer some balance. During the closing years of my service I often read the messages on ARRSE usually with some degree of amusement, I now occasionally revisit my old Corps’ site, to keep in touch with the gossip. As I have already stated I have never previously posted, either due to poor admin or apathy. However, the thread on QB Honours List and the fact that this has now been resurrected is so disappointing that it has prompted me to put my oar in.

First thing to state – I do recognise that the said short Irish man (SIM) may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Indeed I have to admit when I first served with him, he did on occasions get on my nerves; but having had the privilege to serve with him again and having known him for 18 years, I now recognise that he is a man who single-mindedly focuses on doing what is right, rather than what is popular. He has worked tirelessly to ensure his Regiment is properly supported and that its soldiers have the right kit and supplies; he has done this for longer than any other quartermaster currently serving in the Army and has balanced this with due respect to the public purse always striving to avoid waste. He has also made an outstanding contribution to Army and Corps sport. His service is worthy of recognition and it is a great shame to see anonymous detractors using this means to take the shine of his achievement.

It is unfortunate that single minded dedication can cause friction with those less focused and industrious, however I have found is that those who share the SIM’s passion for the Army and the Corps nearly always grow to respect him, if not to like him. What I have also observed is that is that idle, neglectful, selfish or dishonest - soldiers, NCOs, WOs and Officers never warm to him; this may well explain some of the vitriol in the previous posts?

If our soldiers are not overburdened with money, it is not because they have a distaste for riches; if their lives are not unduly long, it is not because they are disinclined to longevity. Sun Tzu c BC 400 - 420

Before it is pointed out - yes I have just joined, I have done this in order to, post this one reply, to offer some balance. During the closing years of my service I often read the messages on ARRSE usually with some degree of amusement, I now occasionally revisit my old Corps’ site, to keep in touch with the gossip. As I have already stated I have never previously posted, either due to poor admin or apathy. However, the thread on QB Honours List and the fact that this has now been resurrected is so disappointing that it has prompted me to put my oar in.

First thing to state – I do recognise that the said short Irish man (SIM) may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Indeed I have to admit when I first served with him, he did on occasions get on my nerves; but having had the privilege to serve with him again and having known him for 18 years, I now recognise that he is a man who single-mindedly focuses on doing what is right, rather than what is popular. He has worked tirelessly to ensure his Regiment is properly supported and that its soldiers have the right kit and supplies; he has done this for longer than any other quartermaster currently serving in the Army and has balanced this with due respect to the public purse always striving to avoid waste. He has also made an outstanding contribution to Army and Corps sport. His service is worthy of recognition and it is a great shame to see anonymous detractors using this means to take the shine of his achievement.

It is unfortunate that single minded dedication can cause friction with those less focused and industrious, however I have found is that those who share the SIM’s passion for the Army and the Corps nearly always grow to respect him, if not to like him. What I have also observed is that is that idle, neglectful, selfish or dishonest - soldiers, NCOs, WOs and Officers never warm to him; this may well explain some of the vitriol in the previous posts?

If our soldiers are not overburdened with money, it is not because they have a distaste for riches; if their lives are not unduly long, it is not because they are disinclined to longevity. Sun Tzu c BC 400 - 420