So where do you fit in the grand scheme of things?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 1stgulfmac, Jul 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Try this;

BBC News - 7 billion people and you: What's your number?

This is me. When I was born, I was the 3,002,567,448th person alive on Earth and the 76,622,191,970th person to have lived since history began. My life expectancy is 77.4 years

Makes you think eh?

What's next? The global population will continue to increase during your lifetime and beyond, reaching 10 billion by 2083. However, the rate of growth is expected to slow. Little of the current growth is happening in developed countries like yours.

Longer lives: Working-age people like me will be supporting increasing numbers of older people during the next decades. By 2050, there will be just 2.2 people of working age supporting every person aged 65 or older in the developed world. In Europe, this will drop to just two.

Battle for resources: It is estimated that your group of the richest countries consumes double the resources used by the rest of the world. The UN estimates that if current population and consumption trends continue, by the 2030s we will need the equivalent of two Earths to support us.

Did you know? The average family size globally has declined by half since 1950 - from five children to the current 2.5.

So stop it all of you, stop doing it now or at least wear something or swallow some thing ( I mean contraception for goodness sake this is'nt the NAAFI now)
  2. I am number 3,584,961,762 of the current 7 billion people alive on this earth.

If you have a number higher than mine ..........

3. My Grandson says that I am Number One,so I'm happy.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 3,003,469,692

5. sprog :)
  6. Where is the life expectancy bit?

Found it 77.4 years Feck.
  7. Civilisation cannot cope with the exponential increases we are seeing and the resources and energy all these additional people need.

Chris Martenson presents The Crash Course - YouTube

Is a good watch.. Kids of puts things in perspective on how we have lost sight of what is going on around us.

8. 2,729,968,163rd

77.4 years
  9. I think 10 billion by 2083 is a little conservative, I reckon it will be that way before half century, especially with countries like India who can't control themselves and have a billion people alone.
  10. I'll be long gone by then, so fook it.
  11. 2,833,270,407th and 77.4. Twenty years left, best get my bucket list started.
  12. I'm the only living entity and the entire universe will cease to exist in the unlikely even I ever die. You and everything around you are merely figments of my imagination.

Christ, I've got a severely worrying imagination.
  13. Ah the seniority question arrives. Does living longer than your expected years means others are being "passed over"?
  14. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Is India not starting a Space programme to get all of it's 'Untouchables' launched into Space, thereby freeing up some space?
  15. .