So where do you fit in the grand scheme of things?

Try this;

BBC News - 7 billion people and you: What's your number?

This is me. When I was born, I was the 3,002,567,448th person alive on Earth and the 76,622,191,970th person to have lived since history began. My life expectancy is 77.4 years

Makes you think eh?

What's next? The global population will continue to increase during your lifetime and beyond, reaching 10 billion by 2083. However, the rate of growth is expected to slow. Little of the current growth is happening in developed countries like yours.

Longer lives: Working-age people like me will be supporting increasing numbers of older people during the next decades. By 2050, there will be just 2.2 people of working age supporting every person aged 65 or older in the developed world. In Europe, this will drop to just two.

Battle for resources: It is estimated that your group of the richest countries consumes double the resources used by the rest of the world. The UN estimates that if current population and consumption trends continue, by the 2030s we will need the equivalent of two Earths to support us.

Did you know? The average family size globally has declined by half since 1950 - from five children to the current 2.5.

So stop it all of you, stop doing it now or at least wear something or swallow some thing ( I mean contraception for goodness sake this is'nt the NAAFI now)

I am number 3,584,961,762 of the current 7 billion people alive on this earth.

If you have a number higher than mine ..........

GET OFF MY FCUKING LAND.....

Civilisation cannot cope with the exponential increases we are seeing and the resources and energy all these additional people need.

Chris Martenson presents The Crash Course - YouTube

Is a good watch.. Kids of puts things in perspective on how we have lost sight of what is going on around us.

In "The Crash Course", Chris Martenson presents an in-depth consideration of the Economy, Energy, and the Environment. Not only does he explain the fundamental causes of the current economic crisis, but he also demonstrates how the problems facing the economy are related to concurrent issues regarding our sources of energy and climate change. The information provided is eye-opening and vital to understanding the world in which we live and how that world will change in the near future.

Try this;

BBC News - 7 billion people and you: What's your number?

This is me. When I was born, I was the 3,002,567,448th person alive on Earth and the 76,622,191,970th person to have lived since history began. My life expectancy is 77.4 years

Makes you think eh?

What's next? The global population will continue to increase during your lifetime and beyond, reaching 10 billion by 2083. However, the rate of growth is expected to slow. Little of the current growth is happening in developed countries like yours.

Longer lives: Working-age people like me will be supporting increasing numbers of older people during the next decades. By 2050, there will be just 2.2 people of working age supporting every person aged 65 or older in the developed world. In Europe, this will drop to just two.

Battle for resources: It is estimated that your group of the richest countries consumes double the resources used by the rest of the world. The UN estimates that if current population and consumption trends continue, by the 2030s we will need the equivalent of two Earths to support us.

Did you know? The average family size globally has declined by half since 1950 - from five children to the current 2.5.

So stop it all of you, stop doing it now or at least wear something or swallow some thing ( I mean contraception for goodness sake this is'nt the NAAFI now)
I think 10 billion by 2083 is a little conservative, I reckon it will be that way before half century, especially with countries like India who can't control themselves and have a billion people alone.

2,833,270,407th and 77.4. Twenty years left, best get my bucket list started.

I'm the only living entity and the entire universe will cease to exist in the unlikely even I ever die. You and everything around you are merely figments of my imagination.

Christ, I've got a severely worrying imagination.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
I think 10 billion by 2083 is a little conservative, I reckon it will be that way before half century, especially with countries like India who can't control themselves and have a billion people alone.

Is India not starting a Space programme to get all of it's 'Untouchables' launched into Space, thereby freeing up some space?

Give it 100 years and I'll wager people are worrying about declining birth rates. China is already like to see a major decline in population I believe due to the disparity of boys vs girls being born due to the one child policy. As they get richer, and as Africa slowly becomes a more affluent place I suspect birth rates will begin to slow as people want / need less children.
Short term we're going to find it more crowded - long term I suspect we'll have problems with too few younglings and too many old farts.

Short term we're going to find it more crowded - long term I suspect we'll have problems with too few younglings and too many old farts.
The good thing about that sort of population problem is that it's intrinsically self-correcting. People die and, if they die after having bred at lower than replacement rates, the consequence is lots of empty real-estate and a less-competitive labour market.

Yup, we need kids to be born....

We just need them to die younger once they are.

78,591,473,709th. Estimated life expectancy 77.4 years, I've still got about another 44.1 years. Take that you old ****ers!