So, what's the Duke saying here ...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by retread2, May 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Attached Files:

2. Next time, keep your hands off my Mrs!!

3. "Well at least it'll save you money on charity bracelets, you've got no room for any more there."

He served with my Grandfather on HMS Wallace. They were both there when she was in a major collision during a North Sea convoy and was subsequently broken up. They had some rather bad times on those convoys. My grandfather never got over having to leave men behind in the water. I doubt he was alone in that.

4. Your granddad's memory must have been fading. Phil transferred to HMS Whelp in 1944 and was in the Pacific when HMS Wallace met her fate. Doubtless he was there in spirit.

5. "Now then Dingerr, you fat ****"

6. "My ARRSE username? That's for me to know and you to find out..."

• Like Like x 5
  7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

He's taken up extensive plastic surgery and a fondness for shit tat's too. Not to mention limb re-distribution and digit ratio's...

• Like Like x 1
  8. OH, sorry - I didn't realise we had to put what was *actually* said, I thought we could put something that vaguely fit the picture

9. Just what did you steal in Saudi Arabia?

10. It's possibly a bit harsh cracking jokes about a Vet, but he'd most likely get a cheer-up from some gallows humour, judging by his story. Soldier on Dave!

Duke: "It must be totally horrid to have lost three limbs. I imagine your days of ballroom are over."

Dave: "Luckily for me Sir, I've adjusted well to playing with the ballroom left handed!"

11. "Well, your Royal Highness, it's going to save me money - at least I won't need to buy shin-pads for playing football".

12. Required isn't it? A mate of mine came back sans feet from Sierra Leona* but with a broken jaw (and various other minor scrapes) and we bought him a running magazine and some toffee

*may have been somewhere else. Ricky D, if you're out there, let us know

13. "What sort of dance can you do now ?"

"Foxtrot Oscar Dukey"

14. Well, the new legs may make you taller, but you will always be bald!!!!!