So, what you drinking?

TamH70

MIA
As seems to be now part of a horrible post-waking-up-too-f'n-early tradition, Kenco Decaff coffee mit sweeteners. No glug of Jack Daniels or Sweet Freedom Chocolate shot thingy in it for a change, and it's not because I've run out of them.

I start every day with:
Kiwi Sav Blanc (x1 bottle)
Magners (chilled close to frozen, x2-3 pints)
Mount Gay & Coke w Lime & ice (x0.5 bottle)

Sometimes I mix up the rum for JD

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bushmills 10 yr old Single Malt. Slainte

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just opened a bottle, having prepared a simple meal for later:

Unknown.jpg

How much do you pay for that, if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve not got any at the moment, (alcohol ban here,) but it’s normally about S/.20, close to £4.
I bought 4 bottles from Lidl, at £4.50 each, good value.

We've got a quince tree in a pot, it's about four years old and every year we get a mass of fruit from it. Previous years I've made quince paste, so much that I've still got some left by the time the next year comes round.

A while ago the memsahib got introduced to various flavoured gins. There are a couple of local distilleries which produce some rather nice bottles, including a quince version.

So this year I picked the quince fruit and after peeling and cutting them I filled a couple of mason jars with quince and filled then with cheap gin. Leaving them for a month or two has resulted in a rather delicately coloured smooth tasting home made quince gin.

We've got a quince tree in a pot, it's about four years old and every year we get a mass of fruit from it. Previous years I've made quince paste, so much that I've still got some left by the time the next year comes round.

A while ago the memsahib got introduced to various flavoured gins. There are a couple of local distilleries which produce some rather nice bottles, including a quince version.

So this year I picked the quince fruit and after peeling and cutting them I filled a couple of mason jars with quince and filled then with cheap gin. Leaving them for a month or two has resulted in a rather delicately coloured smooth tasting home made quince gin.
I have done exactly the same with homegrown rosehips and apples.

I have been enjoying Proper Job in bottle recently. It seems to be in both Aldi and Lidl for £1.25, which isn’t bad.

Home made cider. Kit from Wilko’s. Forty-ish pints in an old home brew barrel.
Piece of cake to make, with a very clean fermentation. Waited about four weeks to open the barrel and the tap snapped (brittle due to age), so we poured it from the top into a jug.
Took four days to get through, but it kept its condition. It was a bit sludgy at the end but still drinkable. Glad I’ve seen the back of it, though.
Kit was £16, so quite cheap to make for a pretty quaffable drink.

Latest Threads