So, what you drinking?

I am currently drinking "Bertold" which, at 10 Czech Crowns a can (about 30p) is just about the cheapest drink you can find in Prague, alcoholic or otherwise. Despite the price, it is much nicer than the equivalent tramp-juice in the UK. I sometimes think that I should set up a business exporting this "authentic Bohemian beer" back to GB, treble the price and fucking coin it in.

I am currently drinking "Bertold" which, at 10 Czech Crowns a can (about 30p) is just about the cheapest drink you can find in Prague, alcoholic or otherwise. Despite the price, it is much nicer than the equivalent tramp-juice in the UK. I sometimes think that I should set up a business exporting this "authentic Bohemian beer" back to GB, treble the price and ******* coin it in.
Nice one wedge. I first went to Prague in 1999, when me and the Mrs drove there from Hamburg. We stayed in a city campsite, and a nearby bar had bottles at about 10p a bottle. As we had had a long hot car journey (broken by a camp in a German forest full of naked people), we went mental at those prices. As you do. In about 20 minutes I had drunk about one regulars fortnightly intake. I remember four blokes sharing a cigar on a cocktail stick and tutting at us. I also remember having to scale the campsite gate to get in.
Slivovitz: apart from becherovka, the foulest thing I have ever drunk.

Nice one wedge. I first went to Prague in 1999, when me and the Mrs drove there from Hamburg. We stayed in a city campsite, and a nearby bar had bottles at about 10p a bottle. As we had had a long hot car journey (broken by a camp in a German forest full of naked people), we went mental at those prices. As you do. In about 20 minutes I had drunk about one regulars fortnightly intake. I remember four blokes sharing a cigar on a cocktail stick and tutting at us. I also remember having to scale the campsite gate to get in.
Eastern Europe always surprises me at how cheap drinks are there! Every time I go, I am amazed that so called "expensive" bars, it's super cheap. They have risen up recently a bit because of tourists and what have you, but crikey!

I used to get completely wasted every time I was there - anywhere in the region for about fiver or a tenner.

Completely opposite to the Nordics where if you want more than two or three you go bankrupt.

Portugal and Spain are not too bad to honest - and you get Tapas with your drink for free in a lot of places.

'99 was the first year that I visited as well, about 18 years before moving here permanently :). CZ has changed a bit since then; lots of the gypos have left for Berlin, Paris or London, the kids go to school rather than waiting for a trick at the railway station and the beer is a lot more expensive. Becherovka is still as gopping as ever though. You can actually visit the "Becherovka Experience" in Karlovy Vary but, alternatively, you can get the same experience by chewing herbs while jamming your head in a wood-chipper.

My Big Tin o'Beer from Lidl.

It's a fairly nice lager but nothing special. Interesting decoration though and you do get 2 pints from the one tin.

tinbeer.jpg