So, what you drinking?

This, from Tesco:

first cape.jpg

I'm not usually a fan of supermarket wines but this one's a winner; crisp, tart & fruity & good either on its own or with a pasta/carbonara sauce dish.

I've scoffed the lot.
1drunk2.gif

Monkey Shoulder.

Have been weirdly wandering the Speyside corner of the cellar this week, a break from Islay I guess, and jumped into the rarest among things I collect.

Blended... I must be getting extra soft...

This one is blended from three excellent Speysides and, of course, came from ex-bourbon barrels... definitely feels like my old Kentucky home, in late fall/, a hint of burning leaves left outside, but someone broke out the orange marmalade for toast instead of apple butter.

I think I bought this a while back because someone mentioned it here...

apparently I will be buying it again.

Currently, I'm on my second bottle of Lucozade Sport "Cherry" flavour. Quite nice if you like cough mixture without the added opium and/or alcohol, and slightly diluted...

I have been over to Eyam and picked up half dozen bottles of Black Death.
View attachment 397656
Is that stuff real? Bit morbid if so, given what I know about Eyam without diving into my Google-Fu skills.

Currently, I'm on my second bottle of Lucozade Sport "Cherry" flavour. Quite nice if you like cough mixture without the added opium and/or alcohol, and slightly diluted...

Is that stuff real? Bit morbid if so, given what I know about Eyam without diving into my Google-Fu skills.
Oh yes here are a few more
All Fall DownIPA6.56
Eyam Black DeathStout
Eyam Mompesson's Calling Porter5.5 (Local clergyman during the plague)
Eyam PlagueStout
Eyam QuarantineBlonde Ale
Eyam Ring o’ RosesISA - Session IPA (Nursery Rhyme about the Plague)

Monkey Shoulder.

Have been weirdly wandering the Speyside corner of the cellar this week, a break from Islay I guess, and jumped into the rarest among things I collect.

Blended... I must be getting extra soft...

This one is blended from three excellent Speysides and, of course, came from ex-bourbon barrels... definitely feels like my old Kentucky home, in late fall/, a hint of burning leaves left outside, but someone broke out the orange marmalade for toast instead of apple butter.

I think I bought this a while back because someone mentioned it here...

apparently I will be buying it again.

I do like that one.

Lucozade - never had it - but it always came across as a chavvy drink. Just based on my observations, nothing to do with taste.

Another bottle of my Lidl, Aus Chardonnay, at £16 for 6 bottles, on special offer.

Does the trick...... my wife found me fast asleep, face down in my corned beef hash, on Friday night.

Good thing I made it without too much gravy........ I might have drowned.

This, from Tesco:

View attachment 392738

I'm not usually a fan of supermarket wines but this one's a winner; crisp, tart & fruity & good either on its own or with a pasta/carbonara sauce dish.

I've scoffed the lot. View attachment 392739
I've seen some really well priced ones at Co-Op and Tesco recently - a lot of variety too - it's almost summer, so they can move them more. And according to friends they taste pretty decent too. Things like Malbec, Pino etc.

A pint mug of Assam, post Ruby.

The latter always brings out the best in a cuppa (or mugga in this case...).

Pure Phulbari Estate of course, loose, not in bags & made in a teapot.