So, what you drinking?

to-night me and Doris will be drinking this to celebrate her clickety clicks birthday
View attachment 386555

had a tiny snifter when I opened it , it is now sitting breathing and getting a bit warmer
tasted lovely, should be even better by 7pm

as far as medium priced French wines go , it was quite decent

But at £16 (in France) ... I could have bought 3 bottles of McGuigans black label merlot from ASDA, and, if I am honest the Mcguigans , has a fuller , deeper taste, although pretty similar,,

the Frog gets 8/10 the Aussie gets 9/10

as far as medium priced French wines go , it was quite decent

But at £16 (in France) ... I could have bought 3 bottles of McGuigans black label merlot from ASDA, and, if I am honest the Mcguigans , has a fuller , deeper taste, although pretty similar,,

the Frog gets 8/10 the Aussie gets 9/10
I enjoy red wine but £16 is too steep for me, just out of principle really.

Wines are a funny thing - very personal thing - I've had very cheap wines which I enjoyed, had very expensive wines which I didn't.

Just like food and everything else, it's a personal opinion.

This caught my eye, and very nice it is too:

20190417_121936.jpg
20190417_122000.jpg

Bought in Tesco Lotus, Hua Hin. Brewed in the (fairly) holy town of Ayuthaya. Much better than the mass-produced alternatives. might buy a slab.

Primitivo Peuceta Puglia.

Lidl £5.45, it is lush.
Peuceta 2015 Puglia Primitivo FL.jpg

while they still have it in ASDA, £5.25, worth every shekel.... breathing at the moment
IMG_20190417_194043 (1).jpg

This caught my eye, and very nice it is too:

View attachment 388295 View attachment 388296

Bought in Tesco Lotus, Hua Hin. Brewed in the (fairly) holy town of Ayuthaya. Much better than the mass-produced alternatives. might buy a slab.
can you describe it please? I visit Thailand regularly and like Hua Hin. I find Lao Dark is the main 'bitter/stout' I can find if I'm off the tourist trail.

regards charley

can you describe it please? I visit Thailand regularly and like Hua Hin. I find Lao Dark is the main 'bitter/stout' I can find if I'm off the tourist trail.

regards charley
The beer was tasty to start, but faded and the second half was disappointing. It almost tasted flat. I agree about BLD, easily found in most supermarkets. There is a wide variety of imported beers including English stout and porter - at a price.

Paulaner dunkel in a pub (not my local but still close). Very nice and in a proper German glass mit handle.

I've just realised I've spent enough on 3 pints in here to get about 12 pints of real beer in a supermarket. Worth it as none of the little shits I used to teach come in this pub, unlike the spoons earlier when a bunch of them asked for selfies with me.

Paulaner dunkel in a pub (not my local but still close). Very nice and in a proper German glass mit handle.

I've just realised I've spent enough on 3 pints in here to get about 12 pints of real beer in a supermarket. Worth it as none of the little shits I used to teach come in this pub, unlike the spoons earlier when a bunch of them asked for selfies with me.
I would say its worth it. Dunkles on draft is a real treat. Helles is up there with it. Enjoy. Prost!

I would say its worth it. Dunkles on draft is a real treat. Helles is up there with it. Enjoy. Prost!
Sadly not draught, it's in bottles, but still the only place I've seen it served anywhere in Blighty.

I'm still looking for a hefe dunkel I had in Germany that was like nectar in a glass but no luck so far.

Keep them sweet, you might get a cheeky hand job off them.

Keeping on thread; they may even buy you a pint.

Keep them sweet, you might get a cheeky hand job off them.

Keeping on thread; they may even buy you a pint.
A positive idea but this lot were
a) all blokes and
b) within the two years of me teaching them that gets me put on a sex offenders register.

I'll bear it in mind for the future.