So, what you drinking?

Today Lithuanian beer Volfas Engelman Lager 6%, 1 Pint, cost in Moscow less than 1 Pound. Excellent. Consumed 2 tins and 2 others are waiting to be consumed.

'The Dark Side' by Bath Ales is rather good.

Me too, unless it is a malt I really want I shop around the supermarkets to see what's on offer
Wangled a bonus a few years ago. Well south of the wall, a reasonably local supermarket had a'bunadh priced at about £30+ a bottle. It didn't seem to be moving, so I offered to release four for £100. Accepted, get in there! The lowest I've had was 59.4%, highest about 61.2%ish! Sip it and feel the heat spread from your chest. Enjoy.

Another sour ale, this time with cherries. Good cherry flavor and not too sour.

sour.jpg

In the last couple of months i have upped what i am prepared to pay for a bottle of wine.

Tesco's are pretty good and if you go to £6,00 or £6.50 a bottle they often have wines that have been reduced to that from about £8.00, like these two for instance, really very good..
IMG_5346.jpg

Recently I have drinking mainly whisky toddies, made with grouse, lemon ,honey and beachams powders and lemon

Hopefully tonight I'll manage a whole night of sleep, in bed, not on the recliner, and this fucking awful cough will feck off

I found some of this a few weeks ago somewhere in Tesco or wherever, but haven't been able to source any more:
Clipboard01.jpg

...which is a pity, as it's surprisingly good, and comparable to a reasonable German pilsner, although I don't know whether Reinheitsgebot covers bogwater.
So in the meantime, I'm relying on BeerHawk to deliver Augustiner Edelstoff and Flensburger Gold:
1.jpg

both of which are excellent.

Water

I was going to have a scotch - but the absence of a bottle in the cupboard may well vindicate Mrs Ls complaint I drank to much last Friday may have had some more basis in fact than the usual a large glass of wine = to much

Still the witch could have replaced it if she knew it were dead.

Last edited:
I found some of this a few weeks ago somewhere in Tesco or wherever, but haven't been able to source any more:
View attachment 362688
...which is a pity, as it's surprisingly good, and comparable to a reasonable German pilsner, although I don't know whether Reinheitsgebot covers bogwater.
So in the meantime, I'm relying on BeerHawk to deliver Augustiner Edelstoff and Flensburger Gold:
View attachment 362689
both of which are excellent.
I have tried some of the Guinness attempts at other beers and thought they were very poor. Have not tried that one or any of their other non-stout/porter stuff since. Export strength with it's drier finish is good.

tonight, I have just made me and Doris a very fine Gin and tonic ... not using any of those fancy shmancy gins (tried loads of them) I am back on just ordinary Gordons dry London , with a large slice of lemon and decent tonic
I have blue saphire and a bottle of tanquari in the house , we usually carry this bog standard Gordons in the motorhome but for sme reason we are both now enjoying the Gordons more than the others

'tis very nice

maybe another before bedtime