So, what you drinking?

Some Thatcher's cider, their "Stan's Barrel Roller" brand in particular. Just a single small can, as that is both what it comes in, and I am also a notorious light-weight. Very nice, quite strong, and rather cheap in Morrison's.

Penderyn Celt.

My Dad just called.

The nursing home has a vacancy (presumably someone has died) so Sunday night will be my Mum's last night at home.

After 7 years of caring for her and her awful Alzheimer's disease that has made his life a total misery, 60 years after he chatted up the pretty girl in the mess at RAF Innsworth it is all over despite his best efforts. He will to all intents and purposes be single on Monday morning.

I cannot think of anything at all to say to him that might help, so I have retreated to the bottle.

It's not helping.

La Blonde de Ch’Nord. A cheeky biere de garde. fFrench pale ale weighing in at 7%. £2.49 for 750ml at Lidl. Excellent even allowing for the fact that it is fFrench.
Also some belting Belgique beers (also from Lidl) from 8% to 10.5%.

I just know I am going to regret things tomorrow when is meant to be decoratoratorisating.

TFIF

As previously referred to in 2016 by Grouchy & also Jellyvodka, chilled Rheinbacher German Pilsner (4.5% from Aldi ), which on a smashing summer's afternoon, is going down very nicely...

Home made mead, I will not attempt (a) the treadmill (b) sex (x) err.... (p) youre my bestest bezzer mate , I love you man ... (w) Oi wat yer lookin at .... (d) Africa, yeah got a map. :-D

Gin seems to be de rigueur at the moment, and there are a load of micro distilleries springing up everywhere, even the old Curtis paper mill at Guardbridge beside Leuchars in Fife has one , and a micro brewery, (hope they got the water supply sorted out after the mill shut , the Eden estuary used to really stink to high heavens when tide went out and there was always a pollution issue ).. however , it is very nice gin , but at £ lots per bottle it can stay very nice
ASDA however, have on offer .75 litre of Gordon's special dry London gin at £13.13 ...what's not to like... bought two for the house and one for the motorhome for the price of a .75 of the "new" gin.... just buy good tonic, ... or wait for it , drink in fashion just now, is Gin and Ginger beer, I tried it with cheap shitty ginger beer ... ugh!.... but with some of that nice Australian stuff , 'tis very nice indeed!

Gin seems to be de rigueur at the moment, and there are a load of micro distilleries springing up everywhere, even the old Curtis paper mill at Guardbridge beside Leuchars in Fife has one , and a micro brewery, (hope they got the water supply sorted out after the mill shut , the Eden estuary used to really stink to high heavens when tide went out and there was always a pollution issue ).. however , it is very nice gin , but at £ lots per bottle it can stay very nice
ASDA however, have on offer .75 litre of Gordon's special dry London gin at £13.13 ...what's not to like... bought two for the house and one for the motorhome for the price of a .75 of the "new" gin.... just buy good tonic, ... or wait for it , drink in fashion just now, is Gin and Ginger beer, I tried it with cheap shitty ginger beer ... ugh!.... but with some of that nice Australian stuff , 'tis very nice indeed!
This may be nonsense but I think that gin and ginger beer was "the" drink before tonic usurped its position.

Penderyn Celt.

My Dad just called.

The nursing home has a vacancy (presumably someone has died) so Sunday night will be my Mum's last night at home.

After 7 years of caring for her and her awful Alzheimer's disease that has made his life a total misery, 60 years after he chatted up the pretty girl in the mess at RAF Innsworth it is all over despite his best efforts. He will to all intents and purposes be single on Monday morning.

I cannot think of anything at all to say to him that might help, so I have retreated to the bottle.

It's not helping.
Ay, life is a bugger at times, let's hope you all find peace.

CFB

The British Beer and Pub Association expects England fans will down an extra six million pints as they watch Gareth Southgate's side vie for a place in the quarter-finals.

What became of the CO2 shortage??

The British Beer and Pub Association expects England fans will down an extra six million pints as they watch Gareth Southgate's side vie for a place in the quarter-finals.

What became of the CO2 shortage??
CAMRA members have been supplying their emissions to make the lager fizzy.

Good on Camra. I wish they'd been around to save my beautiful old pub before new occupants buggered it.
Then new management, bless them, began to retrofit it. I don't know how many more changes have been made in the years since my last visit.

Last edited: