So - what dual nationality would you choose?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BTDT, Jul 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watching tv pictures of "British Passport Holders" being evacuated from Lebanon, quite a few of them seem much more Lebanese than British.

This dual nationality lark seems pretty useful. Given your druthers, what second nationality would you choose?

I'd opt to be a Cypriot. Wherever trouble kicks off, most evacuees seem to end up there!
  2. Saudi - great way of getting a row to myself on the plane.
  3. Narr you have to look at the real perks - tax's, extradition treaties, vadility of your other passports ie can you actually get visa's, plus cyprus is EU (at least the greek half) so local laws may not apply.

I recommend EAK near Dubai, more subtle, less bling, great looking passport, and close enough to see the light show when Operation Persian Freedom(TM) happens. 8)
  4. Norwegian or Swedish. I am obsessed with Scandilands and I want to be one. I was supporting Sweden in the world cup and had a Sweden shirt, at least when people asked me about it, I'd be able to tell them I was half Swedish.
  5. Blond moment eh? Think of the tax's matey!
  6. I know, I've been to Scandiland, and I know Scandis. But regardless, they still have great quality of life and they are amazing countries!
  7. Israeli. Then I could invade my neighbours garden and kick seven shades of shite out of their yapping dog and crapping cat (and I might even be tempted to take out the goldfish as collateral damage).
  8. Scandinavia, canada, new zealand at a push austrailia.
  9. I chose for Canada its like Britian with out blair, less tax and money goes alot further
  10. Irish and Ethiopian.Irish because I wont have to come up with all kinds of excuses to explain my love for the bottle and Ethiopian because supposedly the best thing about an Ethiopian blowjob is they always swallow.Not that I would....
  11. I am working on my Swedish residency and then citizenship, tax is high but the benefits are good when it goes pear shaped but it is also tax free if working outside Sweden for a year, similar to the UK non resident for tax purposes status....
  12. I would be Brazilian. Just think of the women!!!
  13. would choose Canadian , USA a close second !
  14. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I just never thought about it that much... but I'll give it a shot!

1.) Canada

2.) Ireland

3.) Australia

4.) UK
  15. is it possible to get nationality from all countrys? that could be handy except maybe france