So what do you do now

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by snapper4036, Mar 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having left the corps four years ago, I was just wondering what other ex-sappers are doing on the dark side?

I've joined the police now and I've recently qualified as a firearms officer. (god help us!)

So I'd be interested to hear what others are doing? and what their experiences, of civi street are?

And if your still serving..... good luck. ;0)

2. left in 97 , bummed around doing all sorts of different job's ,
    now working for a social housing company ,doing the maintenance,
    and loving it

3. snapper4036 wrote

i always thought that ex forces were not allowed on the firearms side of life as we are taught to shot to kill whereas "filth" 8O 8O are not, is this not the case :?: :?:

nice to hear it all working out for you, i finish in 3 years...................................thank feck :lol: :lol:

4. i always thought that ex forces were not allowed on the firearms side of life as we are taught to shot to kill whereas "filth" 8O 8O are not, is this not the case :?: :?:

To be honest, they like ex-squaddies (espeacially ones that know how to make things go bang :p ) but they dont like to admit it.
    guns are guns at the end of the and if they dont have to be worried about your weapon handling or tactics, the it's one less thing for them to teach you

5. Left end of 2004, now working for a large utilities company as an assistant project manager but spend most of my time on this because i miss the banter!! Funny really most of the guys in my old Sigs Tp that left have Civils/Engineering jobs now as opposed to Comms.

6. having met "Jesus_was_a_Sapper" its no wonder that none of you lot are doing sigs/comms stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Knocker don't judge the rest of us by his standards!! The Chin is a class 1 mong definitly not class 1 Comms!!

8. how do you explain "JB" then OR did you never have the misfortune to meet him :?: :?:

9. you will have to enlighten me on JB?? Ot do you mean JT??

10. no the "camp cnut" that "Jesus_was_a_Sapper" has referred to previously, he worked in the ops room in antrim, really did give you scallies a bad name whtat with the attitude he used to give out all the time. 8O 8O

11. No i didnt he must have got on well with Chinny two camp cnuts together!!lol

12. Was a Gun Bunny, then a dog handler and now a train driver-go figure!
    NB Resettlement courses, what a waste of time.

13. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I think there was some brazilian fella, and a bloke who was carrying a chair leg, who might disagree with you.... :twisted:

14. fair point but the"filth" probably WERE trying for a "M" kill......................... :wink: :wink:

15. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

M Kill? 8 times in the head??!!

Like to see what they do for a K Kill!