• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

So what do you do now

Having left the corps four years ago, I was just wondering what other ex-sappers are doing on the dark side?

I've joined the police now and I've recently qualified as a firearms officer. (god help us!)

So I'd be interested to hear what others are doing? and what their experiences, of civi street are?

And if your still serving..... good luck. ;0)

left in 97 , bummed around doing all sorts of different job's ,
now working for a social housing company ,doing the maintenance,
and loving it

snapper4036 wrote

i've joined the police now and I've recently qualified as a firearms officer. (god help us!)
i always thought that ex forces were not allowed on the firearms side of life as we are taught to shot to kill whereas "filth" 8O 8O are not, is this not the case :?: :?:

nice to hear it all working out for you, i finish in 3 years...................................thank feck :lol: :lol:

i always thought that ex forces were not allowed on the firearms side of life as we are taught to shot to kill whereas "filth" 8O 8O are not, is this not the case :?: :?:

To be honest, they like ex-squaddies (espeacially ones that know how to make things go bang :p ) but they dont like to admit it.
guns are guns at the end of the and if they dont have to be worried about your weapon handling or tactics, the it's one less thing for them to teach you

Left end of 2004, now working for a large utilities company as an assistant project manager but spend most of my time on this because i miss the banter!! Funny really most of the guys in my old Sigs Tp that left have Civils/Engineering jobs now as opposed to Comms.

Funny really most of the guys in my old Sigs Tp that left have Civils/Engineering jobs now as opposed to Comms.
having met "Jesus_was_a_Sapper" its no wonder that none of you lot are doing sigs/comms stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knocker don't judge the rest of us by his standards!! The Chin is a class 1 mong definitly not class 1 Comms!!

Ronnie8781 said:
Knocker don't judge the rest of us by his standards!! The Chin is a class 1 mong definitly not class 1 Comms!!
how do you explain "JB" then OR did you never have the misfortune to meet him :?: :?:

Ronnie8781 said:
you will have to enlighten me on JB?? Ot do you mean JT??
no the "camp cnut" that "Jesus_was_a_Sapper" has referred to previously, he worked in the ops room in antrim, really did give you scallies a bad name whtat with the attitude he used to give out all the time. 8O 8O

chimera

LE
snapper4036 said:
I think there was some brazilian fella, and a bloke who was carrying a chair leg, who might disagree with you.... :twisted:

chimera said:
snapper4036 said:
i always thought that ex forces were not allowed on the firearms side of life as we are taught to shot to kill whereas "filth" 8O 8O are not, is this not the case ? ?
I think there was some brazilian fella, and a bloke who was carrying a chair leg, who might disagree with you.... twisted
fair point but the"filth" probably WERE trying for a "M" kill......................... :wink: :wink:

chimera

LE
M Kill? 8 times in the head??!!

Like to see what they do for a K Kill!

chimera said:
M Kill? 8 times in the head??!!

Like to see what they do for a K Kill!
granted they may need to get the combi tool out & come down a couple of clicks but it was a nice tight group 8O 8O 8O 8O

Left a class 2 DDraughtsman. Now (10 years on) still draughting but not full time a I spend most of the time running projects from the structural/civil side of things, just started Shrewsbury Towns new stadium, I just like to say to the instructors who recommended that I didn't go back to do my class 1 (& despite the recommendation from Antrim & Lisburn that I should).
[marq=left]What the f*ck do you know.[/marq]
And to any DD about to leave go for the structural side & not architecture (their all oxygen stealers) & the pays slightly better.
I'm not bitter or twisted honest!! Angry maybe just ask the contracts manager at British Gypsum, Sherburn site, he may have permanent tintanus. Sorry.

Left in 1997 to join the Police and have avoided firearms( this being mainly due to the fact that I was one of the worst shots in the Corps :D )

Transferred from RE to APTC in 1980, left in 1997, lectured at David Lloyds for a while, now in my third year of training as an electrician, Once a Sapper, always a Sapper, and forever learning. :D

beemer said:
Transferred from RE to APTC in 1980, left in 1997, lectured at David Lloyds for a while, now in my third year of training as an electrician, Once a Sapper, always a Sapper, and forever learning. :D
glad to see that you have eventually learned that being a "sparky" is the way forward in life :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

Latest Threads