So what are we ‘losing’ by leaving the EU?

It has probably already been said in this thread, but I will repeat it....

"Alas, I suspect that we will lose very few remoaners."
Well, nobody left the UK because of our membershp of the EU, did they?

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
I know of at least six families who emigrated to Canada, Australia, New Zealand or the USA because they preferred the lifestyle and employment prospects in those countries for themselves and their families rather than a future in the EU.

We didn't join the EU, we joined a trading block called The Common Market.

I know of at least six families who emigrated to Canada, Australia, New Zealand or the USA because they preferred the lifestyle and employment prospects in those countries for themselves and their families rather than a future in the EU.
Are we about to join the EU, then?

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
Are we about to join the EU, then?
I know you're only trolling, but for clarity their decisions were pre referendum.

I'm staggered that there are so many pro-remain voters who still do not believe there was a majority of voters who did not want their country to stay in the EU. It's embarrassing that a lot of them pretend to be intelligent.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
We didn't join the EU, we joined a trading block called The Common Market.
And the fact that it was already from its earliest origins dedicated to Ever-Closer Union was deliberately concealed from us by a Conservative (and, pace, above, childless) PM.

I know you're only trolling, but for clarity their decisions were pre referendum.

I'm staggered that there are so many pro-remain voters who still do not believe there was a majority of voters who did not want their country to stay in the EU. It's embarrassing that a lot of them pretend to be intelligent.
I simply don't believe the main factor in their decision to emigrate was our membership of the EU. Naturally you'll insist it was.

And I'm not sure any pro-Remain voters don't believe that the majority of voters voted to leave.

Mostly because that was the majority vote at the time.

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
I simply don't believe the main factor in their decision to emigrate was our membership of the EU. Naturally you'll insist it was.

And I'm not sure any pro-Remain voters don't believe that the majority of voters voted to leave.

Mostly because that was the majority vote at the time.
The main reason may not be "herp-a-derp I hate the EU, let's leave", it was a combination of lots of EU policies, and UK policies within the EU regulations that created the opinion they would be better off taking their talent, labour and families somewhere else outside the UK, and by extension the EU. They emigrated from the EU. Understand?

It simply isn't the paradise for all that you think it is. Otherwise the majority of voters wouldn't have voted to leave. Understand?

The most risible component of it all is the pro Remain rhetoric that Leave voters are stupid. If I had £350m I would buy a dictionary with the word "hypocrite" highlighted for every single bellthronk who still refuses to accept the result of the referendum.

I'd buy you a special one with "troll" highlighted though.

The main reason may not be "herp-a-derp I hate the EU, let's leave", it was a combination of lots of EU policies, and UK policies within the EU regulations that created the opinion they would be better off taking their talent, labour and families somewhere else outside the UK, and by extension the EU.*They emigrated from the EU. Understand?

It simply isn't the paradise for all that you think it is. Otherwise the majority of voters wouldn't have voted to leave. Understand?

The most risible component of it all is the pro Remain rhetoric that Leave voters are stupid. If I had £350m I would buy a dictionary with the word "hypocrite" highlighted for every single bellthronk who still refuses to accept the result of the referendum.

I'd buy you a special one with "troll" highlighted though.
Fair enough, and oddly enough, I'm well aware that the majority of voters voted to leave.
Nobody most people accept the result was to leave, but an increasing majority want a second chance as a fair few seem to have changed their minds, now that they realise life outside the EU it might not be the great, sunlit Utopia they were lead to believe.

Don't worry about the £350 million, we'll be getting it back every week once we've left the EU.

Hurrah!

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

2.6 million Leave voters have abandoned support for Brexit since referendum, major new study finds

Which voters have changed their minds about Brexit? ( you really won't like what they say about the education standards of leave voters BTW)

More than 100 seats that backed Brexit now want to remain in EU

Britain 'changes mind' on Brexit as 53% back REMAIN – and voters want SECOND referendum

*The Reverse O Cycle has been deployed. Unlike me. Ha ha.

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
I can't be arsed to read any of that. All the media are doing is capitalising on easy news clickbait blood pressure inducing chip wrapper stuff - for both "sides".

Have you seen BBC Breakfast recently? They've got a pro-remain clown from the Mirror and a pro-leave clown from The Mail on nearly every day "bantering". It's a politicised version of The Muppet Show and I swear my TV is going to feel the force of the Size Ten before March if they keep it up.

It's just lazy easy news, perfect for 24/7 shit tv.

D

Deleted 158059

I can't be arsed to read any of that. All the media are doing is capitalising on easy news clickbait blood pressure inducing chip wrapper stuff - for both "sides".

Have you seen BBC Breakfast recently? They've got a pro-remain clown from the Mirror and a pro-leave clown from The Mail on nearly every day "bantering". It's a politicised version of The Muppet Show and I swear my TV is going to feel the force of the Size Ten before March if they keep it up.

It's just lazy easy news, perfect for 24/7 shit tv.
It's quite easy to fact check news stories online

ugly

LE
Can you prove that? Not disagreeing but asking do you know that or is it a throw away question?
I did look twice to emigrate about 20 and 15 years ago, I could see the way it was going contracting in my industry. I figured Australia and save enough for a farm or Canada and farm straight away!
Sometimes life gets in the way of your plans. The reason contracting was getting harder? Ojeu was the biggest pain out of a long list of many but in the end getting off the contracting merry-go-round has been a long time aim!

Latest Threads