So what are we ‘losing’ by leaving the EU?

Well, we’ve permamoan that Brexit is a bad idea, and leaving EUtopia is madness, but still waiting to hear any arguments about why remaining in the EU was such a wonderful thing.

Ha!

All these new threads about 'What did the Romans EU ever do for us?'

Classic deflection from those trying to come to terms with the fact they've been tricked.

More of this crap to come

Well, we’ve permamoan that Brexit is a bad idea, and leaving EUtopia is madness, but still waiting to hear any arguments about why remaining in the EU was such a wonderful thing.
Bellend

Ha!

All these new threads about 'What did the Romans EU ever do for us?'

Classic deflection from those trying to come to terms with the fact they've been tricked.

More of this crap to come

The OP is a fuckwit

So, you can’t come up with a single positive about the EU......

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The only thing I give a **** about losing is the EHIC card. There isn't really any excuse for the EU to allow us to stay in it, we use it far more than they do in the UK, and it costs a lot more for treatment in other EU states. See chart.

Untitled.png

So it'd be in the EU's interest to kick us out of the scheme. Considering MB Jnr went to the hospital for the first time ever, whilst we were in Austria, and it resulted in an Ultrasound, bloods and various other jiggery-pokery and an overnight stay and it cost me nothing, it'd be painful to lose such a great scheme.

You will need a visa and wait in line for a long long time to go on your holiday when you arrive in your European holiday.

OH it will cost you more .

The only thing I give a **** about losing is the EHIC card. There isn't really any excuse for the EU to allow us to stay in it, we use it far more than they do in the UK, and it costs a lot more for treatment in other EU states. See chart.

View attachment 360104

So it'd be in the EU's interest to kick us out of the scheme. Considering MB Jnr went to the hospital for the first time ever, whilst we were in Austria, and it resulted in an Ultrasound, bloods and various other jiggery-pokery and an overnight stay and it cost me nothing, it'd be painful to lose such a great scheme.
Depending on a deal, but this might cheer you up a bit.
Healthcare after Brexit

Just the first reading.
Still doesn't make @PhotEx less of a dick for posting another load of dross, though,

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Please regale us with the merits of the EU.
That's just it; there are none. Not really. A really good book about the EU was written a while ago by a fella called Roger Bootle. It's called: "The Trouble with Europe: Why the EU isn't Working". I believe it was even reviewed on ARRSE.

Bootle himself is a Conservative economist, but he's also a realist. He goes into great detail about how the EU has effectively held back growth in most countries, with individual economic sectors (farming, fishing) doing rather well from the arrangement.

As long as the EU is exclusively a cosy Capitalist club to promote profit for the few, it will never be anywhere near democratic and it's proved that it's not interested in reform. Best out of it, in my opinion.

MsG

I've just thought of a really good thing about Brexit. According to the Brectums favourite reading material, the good old Mail, Pikeys Travellers may have to leave UK after Brexit.
Travellers

With a bit of luck it'll get rid of @PhotEx / @meerkatz / @spider / @hewhoisexpertateverything / @ShoeinforSpoty / @ManwhoputsboringinBOF / @sockpuppetextraordinaire.
On the other hand, someone with the memory of a bleeding goldfish will just pop up as someone else.

In the last year I have been to briefings by the UK Ambassadors to Belgium, Portugal and Italy.

All said basically...

Errr we don’t know yet what will happen. We need to wait and see what happens.
Agreed. I have been to several in Spain and that is the basic answer, we don't know until a deal is agreed.

I've just thought of a really good thing about Brexit. According to the Brectums favourite reading material, the good old Mail, Pikeys Travellers may have to leave UK after Brexit.
Travellers

With a bit of luck it'll get rid of @PhotEx / @meerkatz / @spider / @hewhoisexpertateverything / @ShoeinforSpoty / @ManwhoputsboringinBOF / @sockpuppetextraordinaire.
On the other hand, someone with the memory of a bleeding goldfish will just pop up as someone else.
How childish.

Travellers

In theory a good idea to chuck out the pikies back to Ireland,
but who will enforce it? FFS we cant even remove the scum off the local common ground or car park.

The cynic would suggest that all we are really losing is the ability to up-sticks and move to get a job in Poland or Romania on half the money we earn at the moment... in the same factory.

Too many people have watched their job offshored to other low-wage EU countries, with the companies then shipping the product back in to the UK thanks to entirely unrestricted EU trade rules. UK foods & confectionery - Terry's, Cadbury's, Kraft etc are of course the classic proven examples (though of course the companies swear blind it isn't the case) But we all know its far wider and more pervasive than this, and we're by no means the only ones suffering - I worked for a French company where the production was almost entirely shifted, lock stock and barrel, to Romania (large French language influence in Romania).

You only need to have a look at youth unemployment in France and Spain to see that retaining Freedom of movement/employment is of **** all use to our own youth, Better off out!

Of course it bloody is. It's meant to mirror the childishness of the posters who come up with childish posts all the bloody time.
The dickwads who post "remainiacs", "remoainiacs" and so on as if it's anything above kindegarten level.
Those who get up at 5 in the morning and post 10 irrelevant things in 10 minutes.
Have a look at some of the replies on some of the stupid Brexit threads.
Things like "That's you, that is" or other childish retorts.
@PhotEx is way up there on the childish responses.
@Tired_Tech comes close with responses like this
Oh, yeah. You haven't got a brain.
do you live in a dark room? In a box? With no electricity?

Really good grown up comments
It's what the whole subject has sunk to.

What will you lose when the U.K. leaves the EU?

Well according to the hour seminar I sat through earlier in the week:

Unified regulatory bodies for the pharma, biotech and medical device industries (bad).

Large scale pharmcovigilance and adverse event reporting for said industries (bad).

Jobs to Ireland, where I’m told the natives speak a patois loosely based around English and will still be in the EU come April 2019.

Last edited: