Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

So to the real sport! The Ashes

And just as we were debating here at work England's chances in the ODI series:

'MOEEN Ali has enjoyed his best day of England’s tour of Australia, only to be upstaged by Victorian schoolboy Mackenzie Harvey in their one-day warm-up match in Sydney.

'After a disastrous Ashes series, Ali on Thursday claimed a miserly 2-28 from his 10 overs to restrict a youthful Cricket Australia XI to 9-258 in England’s only warm-up match ahead of this summer’s one-day series.

'But the afternoon belonged to the 17-year-old Harvey, who hit a 39-ball half-century against England’s first-choice bowling line-up for the five-match ODI series.

'In his first top-flight senior game, Harvey lifted his fourth ball over third man for six and struck three more maximums at Drummoyne Oval. He was finally stumped off an Adil Rashid wrong’un for 59.'

Now our kids are smashing the Poms

Is this one of the most stupid commentator saying (ie commonly used).

"are looking for early wickets"....

Of course they are looking for early wickets, any wicket at any time!

Right then, back to the proper cricket and New Zealand. 2 tests over the next couple of weeks starting with a stupid day night travesty of a game.

New Zealand won the toss and are currently batting in their first innings.

Right then, back to the proper cricket and New Zealand. 2 tests over the next couple of weeks starting with a stupid day night travesty of a game.

New Zealand won the toss and are currently batting in their first innings.

England all out after 20 overs for 58.
NZ in reply are 88 for 1.

At one point I was pondering the first ever 1 day test match. 27 for 9 at one point and NZ should have lost a couple of wickets from stupid run outs.
Couple of recent ones:
1st Test, Australia tour of South Africa at Cape Town, Nov 9-11 2011
Australia 284 & 47
South Africa 96 & 236/2 (50.2 ov)- 3 days.
(Guess who had tickets for the weekend?)
1st Test, Zimbabwe tour of South Africa at Cape Town, Mar 4-5 2005
Zimbabwe 54 & 265 (75.2 ov)
South Africa 340/3d - 2 days.

Couple of recent ones:
1st Test, Australia tour of South Africa at Cape Town, Nov 9-11 2011
Australia 284 & 47
South Africa 96 & 236/2 (50.2 ov)- 3 days.
(Guess who had tickets for the weekend?)
1st Test, Zimbabwe tour of South Africa at Cape Town, Mar 4-5 2005
Zimbabwe 54 & 265 (75.2 ov)
South Africa 340/3d - 2 days.

I had tickets for Trent Bridge when Broad bowled the Aussies out in 2015. What made it worse was my mates decided to go to Abbeydale Cricket Club in Sheffield to make up for missing the test whilst I sulked at home. They ended up getting pissed and sending me photos of them hobnobbing with Joe Root.

I had tickets for Trent Bridge when Broad bowled the Aussies out in 2015. What made it worse was my mates decided to go to Abbeydale Cricket Club in Sheffield to make up for missing the test whilst I sulked at home. They ended up getting pissed and sending me photos of them hobnobbing with Joe Root.
2nd Test, England tour of South Africa at Cape Town, Jan 2-6 2016 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo
I had tickets for the Sunday...
Stokes 258 Bairstow 150*
Unfortunately, Mother in law passed away on january 1. So I couldn't go.

Last game I went to was v Sri Lanka last year.
About 90 minutes of Day 4, and it was all over.
Still, guests of SAB, so we spent a fair while lashing down free castles

Always check with me if planning on watching a Test match in Blighty.

I have a 100% rain record! I’ve had tickets for 12 days of test match cricket, and on every day there has been rain!

Admittedly most of them have been oop north, which may or may not have had a bearing on it!

MB