So this whole - Britain might supply weapons to the Syrians...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Schaden, Mar 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

What exactly?

2. fu2

fu2 LE

Typhoons ! or if we want to be sure they win SLR´s.

3. Whatever it is, I suspect it will be fitted for but not supplied with ammo.

4. A fully armed Trident sub, just to make the news interesting again.

5. Your mum

6. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Seems pretty obvious to me. There's a whole load of stuff in Afghanistan that we don't want back because it was only bought for there and there's no budget to take it on the books or maintain it. We can't leave it in Kabul because then the taliban will get it and we can't destroy it because then the Treasury will charge MOD for the cost of it as if it were on the books. BUT, if the FO give it to Syria it gets paid for out of the Aid budget. Wins and trebles all round.

7. Does anyone remember the hoo-ha when the septics were supplying gats to the freedom fighters in NI? At least that was private initiative. This smacks more of Libya's state sponsored terrorism. Especially as the 'popular front' has failed to win in the last two years.

Egypt is turning out well though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

So no one else has any idea of specifically what in hell HMG is going to hand over either then?

9. The Russians will kick our cunts in if we start supplying arms to the Syrian opposition. I know we love a good proxy war but still...

10. Surely the Saudi's are the nominated suppliers of bombs n' bullets for this one?

11. I think we are going to be major supporters of FYR arms factories overtime bill, and North African ex-dictatorships. We buy 'em, ship them to a high intensity war zone, where they get used up in double quick time, rather than float about in the hands of AQ wannabes.

12. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

They would like to receive anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles, but I haven't a clue what HMG may consider appropriate, if anything.

13. SLRs, DMS/puttees and trousers Lt Wt - job done.

14. They have oil. We need oil. Seems like a plan.

15. No charge effendi. You like dirty postcards. You like jigajig my seeester.