So this whole - Britain might supply weapons to the Syrians...

Whatever it is, I suspect it will be fitted for but not supplied with ammo.

Your mum

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Seems pretty obvious to me. There's a whole load of stuff in Afghanistan that we don't want back because it was only bought for there and there's no budget to take it on the books or maintain it. We can't leave it in Kabul because then the taliban will get it and we can't destroy it because then the Treasury will charge MOD for the cost of it as if it were on the books. BUT, if the FO give it to Syria it gets paid for out of the Aid budget. Wins and trebles all round.

Does anyone remember the hoo-ha when the septics were supplying gats to the freedom fighters in NI? At least that was private initiative. This smacks more of Libya's state sponsored terrorism. Especially as the 'popular front' has failed to win in the last two years.

Egypt is turning out well though.

D

Deleted 20555

So no one else has any idea of specifically what in hell HMG is going to hand over either then?

The Russians will kick our cunts in if we start supplying arms to the Syrian opposition. I know we love a good proxy war but still...

I think we are going to be major supporters of FYR arms factories overtime bill, and North African ex-dictatorships. We buy 'em, ship them to a high intensity war zone, where they get used up in double quick time, rather than float about in the hands of AQ wannabes.

So no one else has any idea of specifically what in hell HMG is going to hand over either then?
They would like to receive anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles, but I haven't a clue what HMG may consider appropriate, if anything.

They have oil. We need oil. Seems like a plan.

Via the South China Morning Post, that favourite CCP tabloid Global Times is reporting that Syrian rebels downed two government helicopters with FN-6 MANPADS. The tone of the article is pretty much how this success will boost sales for the Chinese arms industry and states that it's not known how the rebels got their hands on them in the first place.

Footage on one of the actions on Youtube.

[video=youtube;fEcXeMrOy2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fEcXeMrOy2k[/video]

If not direct from Beijing (unlikely) then probably sourced from Pakistan, as the other users are either 1) responsible 2) disinterested or 3) (in the case of Sudan) already up the Iranians rear crevice.

I'm sure the Persians will be much impressed.