So this is where PAYD profit goes

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by devexwarrior, Jul 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A self-confessed "rubbish" golfer won a £15,000 car after fluking a hole-in-one.

Occasional golfer Allan Errington, 43, was averaging seven shots a hole while playing at a staff event.

But he hit a perfect shot on the par three 9th hole and it bounced once before going in - earning himself a Volkswagen Golf.

Operations manager Mr Errington was taking part in the event with his facilities management firm Sodexo

Full story here
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

We are but a small bit part of the finance stream of Sodexo. As to what they do with the profit they make out of us; their call, not ours and frankly we should not be bitter about it.

If there is anyone that we should be getting fcuked off with, it is with those WITHIN the MoD for agreeing the contracts and performance targets that allow the level of profit that Sodexo achieve. Take aim there.

Sodexo are simply doing good business.

Edited to add - no, I don't own Sodexo shares but I wish I had done so in the late 90's when they first got MoD contracts.
  3. If he accepted the car does it not mean he has to turn professional?
  4. The tongue was firmly in the cheek. Should have made that clear Actually hats off to the guy, though losing 23 balls in one round is taking the urine a little bit.
  5. At £3.94 for breakfast, lunch and evening meal per soldier per day(if the soldier decides to use the facility) I'm surprised they make any profit what so ever.
  6. Let's go git them!

Attached Files:

7. no-under the most recent rule changes you can accept prizes such as this without damaging your amateur status
  8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Considering how bad he is at the game, would he care if he had had to take pro statis?
  9. Good, after all if he showed signs of being professional he might have had to leave Sodexho...
  10. It may also be that VW provided the car for good public relations/advertising or even at cost price to Sodem'Exo
  11. Stop being so fecking reasonable FFS!
  12. These things are usually paid for by an insurance policy taken out against the risk of the feat being acheived, and thus costs the individual organisation very little (unless there are more than one iterations of a hole-in-one, when they may find that they have an uninsured liability!)
  13. By the way fluking a hole in one is oxymoronic surely, all holes in one are flukes by definition of the par system!
  14. Can't agree with you on that one. When they work out what the par is for a hole, it is based on the number of shots to reach the green, followed by two shots on the green. On a short par three, the better players should be able to manage to get close enough to the hole from the tee to require only one green shot, or, if they are lucky, get it in one.

Having said all that, I still believe golf is a waste of time and effort (notwithstanding free cars).
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Produces good hunting grounds for ground mutton! :roll: