So the pictures were a HOAX ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, May 11, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just read the Mirror - shite .Pathetic rear guard action .

Illustrate? I have a picture of Morc*unt falling out the arrse of a dog illustrating that he is , as we know a sh*t.

2. If that is an accurate quote, it reads to me as if they are close to admitting the pics are dodgy. If they only "accurately Illustrate" abuse, isnt that the same as a reconstruction on crime watch illustrates an event?

I admit i'm not fluent in "tabloid english", but that choice of wording certainly seems as if their backs are against the wall.

3. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

I bet the Tw@t does not lose his job or resign. However there is now a strong chance that a squaddie could lose his life thanks to stirring of the shit. :evil:

4. So was it the TA that caused all this sh1te??

Defence sources said the photographs appeared to have been "mocked up" at Kimberley barracks, Preston, using a four-ton Bedford MK lorry. The barracks is home to the TA's Lancastrian and Cumberland Volunteers.

:?:

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Blimey, I wondered who'd be the first to pin this on 'those bloody STAB's'...how the hell have they decided which BARRACKS was used!!!

FWIW, here is Geoff Hoon's statement to the Commons yesterday:

Ah well...so that's alright then....
    << Personne peut manger les mots fines...>>

Le Chevre

6. Your jumping to conclusions. TA generally only work in a barracks for a few hours a week, what would they have told the PSI's when they wanted a rifle? 'Can I borrow a rifle to stitch up your regt colour/sir'

7. For the rifle in question looks more like an airsoft gun .If it was stabs who faked the photos hope they enjoy their time in colchester

8. At least with all the cash they've made, they won't be able to get legal aid.

9. You want to bet on it???? :!: