So the pictures were a HOAX ?

Just read the Mirror - shite .Pathetic rear guard action .

"We remain absolutely confident that those pictures accurately illustrate a serious abuse of a detainee by members of the Queen's Lancashire Regiment. And we note that Mr Hoon does not deny the incident happened."
Illustrate? I have a picture of Morc*unt falling out the arrse of a dog illustrating that he is , as we know a sh*t.

old_bloke said:
Just read the Mirror - shite .Pathetic rear guard action .

"We remain absolutely confident that those pictures accurately illustrate a serious abuse of a detainee by members of the Queen's Lancashire Regiment. And we note that Mr Hoon does not deny the incident happened."
Illustrate? I have a picture of Morc*unt falling out the arrse of a dog illustrating that he is , as we know a sh*t.
If that is an accurate quote, it reads to me as if they are close to admitting the pics are dodgy. If they only "accurately Illustrate" abuse, isnt that the same as a reconstruction on crime watch illustrates an event?

I admit i'm not fluent in "tabloid english", but that choice of wording certainly seems as if their backs are against the wall.

I bet the Tw@t does not lose his job or resign. However there is now a strong chance that a squaddie could lose his life thanks to stirring of the shit. :evil:

So was it the TA that caused all this sh1te??

Defence sources said the photographs appeared to have been "mocked up" at Kimberley barracks, Preston, using a four-ton Bedford MK lorry. The barracks is home to the TA's Lancastrian and Cumberland Volunteers.

:?:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
babiesarm said:

Defence sources said the photographs appeared to have been "mocked up" at Kimberley barracks, Preston, using a four-ton Bedford MK lorry. The barracks is home to the TA's Lancastrian and Cumberland Volunteers.

Blimey, I wondered who'd be the first to pin this on 'those bloody STAB's'...how the hell have they decided which BARRACKS was used!!!

FWIW, here is Geoff Hoon's statement to the Commons yesterday:

Mistreatment Allegations

There have in addition been recent representations made by a number of other groups, including Amnesty International making allegations about incidents, some which the Ministry of Defence was not previously aware of. These incidents do not involve allegations about detainees. We will always take any such credible allegations seriously. Consequently, at the beginning of March, we began the process of a thorough trawl of the records of units, produced in Iraq since the commencement of operations last year. This is a considerable task which we expect to last a few more weeks yet. But I can assure the House that if it reveals further examples of incidents that merit formal investigation, then those investigations will follow. And in turn, if British forces are found to have acted unlawfully, then the appropriate legal action will be taken. That has happened in every case so far.

Those thorough and detailed investigations have also been necessary in relation to the photographs published by the Daily Mirror some days ago. Those photographs are central to accusations concerning the behaviour of British troops, in particular, the Queens Lancashire Regiment.

I can tell the House that as a result of those further investigations the SIB have informed me that there are strong indications that the vehicle in which the photographs were taken was not in Iraq during the relevant period. Additional lines of inquiry are being pursued to corroborate this fact.

The SIB have interviewed at length the soldier described by the Daily Mirror as “Soldier C”. We are grateful to “Soldier C” for coming forward. However, I can assure the House that the allegation at the centre of his evidence which is once again the case of Baha Mousa has already been investigated and the case is currently with the Army Legal Services for consideration. When interviewed by the RMP “Soldier C” did not have any new evidence to add to what was already known as the results of our own investigations. Indeed as I have already mentioned these allegations were widely covered in other newspapers many months ago – I leave it to the House to judge why they have been recycled in this way.

Mr Speaker, in conclusion we are determined to see through the task in Iraq according to standards of behaviour set out in the Geneva Convention and in International Humanitarian Law. We will not hesitate to act where these high standards are not followed, and we will investigate when serious allegations are brought to our attention.

But we should not lose sight of the fact that thousands of our service personnel continue to serve their country with great distinction in Iraq and around the world. We are all appalled at the allegations made against an unrepresentative small number, but that will not diminish our admiration, our respect and our pride in those that continue to serve their country with such distinction.

Ah well...so that's alright then....
<< Personne peut manger les mots fines...>>

Le Chevre

Goatman said:
babiesarm said:

Blimey, I wondered who'd be the first to pin this on 'those bloody STAB's'...how the hell have they decided which BARRACKS was used!!!
Your jumping to conclusions. TA generally only work in a barracks for a few hours a week, what would they have told the PSI's when they wanted a rifle? 'Can I borrow a rifle to stitch up your regt colour/sir'

For the rifle in question looks more like an airsoft gun .If it was stabs who faked the photos hope they enjoy their time in colchester

E

error_unknown

woody said:
For the rifle in question looks more like an airsoft gun .If it was stabs who faked the photos hope they enjoy their time in colchester
At least with all the cash they've made, they won't be able to get legal aid.

Goatman said:
babiesarm said:

FWIW, here is Geoff Hoon's statement to the Commons yesterday:

Mistreatment Allegations

There have in addition been recent representations made by a number of other groups, including Amnesty International making allegations about incidents, some which the Ministry of Defence was not previously aware of. These incidents do not involve allegations about detainees. We will always take any such credible allegations seriously. Consequently, at the beginning of March, we began the process of a thorough trawl of the records of units, produced in Iraq since the commencement of operations last year. This is a considerable task which we expect to last a few more weeks yet. But I can assure the House that if it reveals further examples of incidents that merit formal investigation, then those investigations will follow. And in turn, if British forces are found to have acted unlawfully, then the appropriate legal action will be taken. That has happened in every case so far.

Those thorough and detailed investigations have also been necessary in relation to the photographs published by the Daily Mirror some days ago. Those photographs are central to accusations concerning the behaviour of British troops, in particular, the Queens Lancashire Regiment.

I can tell the House that as a result of those further investigations the SIB have informed me that there are strong indications that the vehicle in which the photographs were taken was not in Iraq during the relevant period. Additional lines of inquiry are being pursued to corroborate this fact.
.... But we should not lose sight of the fact that thousands of our service personnel continue to serve their country with great distinction in Iraq and around the world. We are all appalled at the allegations made against an unrepresentative small number, but that will not diminish our admiration, our respect and our pride in those that continue to serve their country with such distinction.
One of the more useful aspect of the Army stores system is that we pretty much know where most of our kit is (or was). It was only a process of elimination to find out where abouts in the UK we still operated 4 ton Bedfords, and then get the units to check out the backs to see if any of the marks seen in the Mirror photos could be found - then summons the RMP to check it out..