So thats where the HOUSTON went.

Discussion in 'RLC' started by General Melchett, Mar 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

2. Well Spotted, Mein General! :)

But I'm not paying almost 400 quid for what I found to be the most expensive drop-sheet weight that I ever had sitting on my shelves in Girdwood! 8O I heard the stories about rigging it up outside the female block, but only ever shared a camp with a load of hairy-arsed infantry types, and watching them shag the fat NAAFI bird wasn't really my cup of tea! :(

By the time I got sent back for subsequent tours to camps where there might be chicks, it had been withdrawn! :oops:

For true military spotters only; I'm sure some wedge will buy it and make up stories about how he used for all manner of IEDD shenanigans!
  3. General Melchett

A good use I did see it put to was top be setup in looking down the corridor at a 11 Regt location (that shall remain nameless). Monitor set up in the office. Door to building on a simplex lock, so any visitors could be "vetted" before deciding whether to let them in or pretend to be out.
  4. Not wishing to sound sad etc, but I know they all became an orniment on the SQMS's shelves, but shouldn't someone check the serial No and see if its been half hinched or something?
  5. 8) Anchor Supplies at Nottingham had some for sale in the electrical section early last year! You would be surprised what is out there for sale!!! :p

:lol: They also had Mk7 WB Drive Motors and other bits for sale. But not the complete item! :roll:
  6. General Melchett

They were withdrawn from service quite a while ago due to being pump.
  7. Firstly, why the hell would anyone want one, even if they worked; and who would buy something that was withdrawn because it didn't work? (or couldn't be made to work within the current H&S nazi regime)
  8. Funnily enough, to date there have been zero bids for it (with 1 day left) :oops: :oops: !

It is also being sold without the generator, so your H&S fears shold be allayed Birkers :? !