So she's up the you care?..

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spike7451, Dec 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

So Wills & his missus have got a sprog on the way & already the news channels & Faceshite are groaning with the happy news....I've had six posts on my Faceshite wall in the past hour or so alone...

Do I care?....Nope...Do you care?....Probably not!
  2. It's a diversion like the wedding, Olympics and Jubilee. We'll magically forget what shit we're in and smile like idiots while we're robbed blind.
    • Like Like x 9
  3. Nope...not one bit.... although...

The estimated total annual cost of the monarchy to taxpayers is £202.4m, around five times the official figure published by the royal household (£38.3m last year).
    The official figure excludes a number of costs, including round-the-clock security, lavish royal visits and lost revenue from the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall.
    Civil List expenditure has increased by 94 per cent in real terms over the last two decades.
    £202.4m is equivalent to 9,560 nurses, 8,200 police officers and more than the total annual Ministry of Defence spending on food. The total cost is also equivalent to a number of high profile government cuts, including cuts to the Sure Start programme.
    The British monarchy is 112 times as expensive as the Irish president and more than twice as expensive as the French semi-presidential system.
    Britain's royal family is the most expensive in Europe at more than double the cost of the Dutch monarchy.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ask HM Treasury if they'll swap the money they give to the Crown for the income from the Crown estates.
    • Like Like x 11
  5. I've already tipped off the csa
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Thank fuck it's not mine, then. No way could I afford the bills on that gaff.
  7. All paid in return for the revenues for the Dutchy of Lancaster, relinquished by the crown in return for the civil list. Should the civil list stop the Lancastrian capital and capital revenues fall back to the crown. The civillist is cheaper for the government.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Of course. Bless her. I think it's wonderful, another addition to the Royal Family.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Excellent post. Remind me of their names again?
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

not really, my missus had the vomity thing and other issues so we spent 20 years being told she cant have kids, until last year which was a bit shit
  11. Names???? Pincess Shazza of Southend would be nice!
  12. Still - Did my service for HMQ - No complaints
    • Like Like x 2
  13. A good deal then , I for one would not swap for one of the alternatives you mentioned.
    • Like Like x 9
  14. You clearly care enough to start your own thread on the matter.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. The Crown Estate is now a statutory corporation run on commercial lines by the Crown Estate Commissioners and generates revenue for HM Treasury every year (an income surplus of £210.7 million for the year ended 31 March 2010). This income is received by the Crown (i.e. the state) as a result of the agreement reached in 1760 that has been renewed at the beginning of each subsequent reign.

In late 2000, a £35.3 million reserve was established. The reserve was created from surpluses in the 1991-2000 Civil List caused by low inflation and the efforts of the Queen and her staff to make the Royal Household more efficient. For the period of 2001 to 2010, the Civil List continued to be fixed at £7,900,000 annually, the same amount since 1991.
    Only the Queen officially receives direct funding from the Civil List. The Queen's consort (Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh) receives £359,000 per year. The Queen, as head of state, receives £7,900,000 from the Civil List to defray some of the official expenditure of the monarchy.