So service GYms then - we allowed to use them?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by pacestick, Sep 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. or has everyone got it's only little rule? Do you think Headley Court will count, it's only round the corner from me?

2. dont suppsed theres are a list of locations?

very doubtful i know

3. msr

msr LE

Every Joint services establishment in the country?

msr

4. I'd suggest that you find out the phone number of the PTI at the barracks in question and give him a ring, explaining who you are and what you want to do.

This gives him the opportunity of arranging a gym induction (which may be during working hours).

If his answer is a flat "NO!", then start a thread "Discrimination against TA at Regular Gyms" and post the address of the barracks and the unit involved. If the list gets lengthy, it can be copied onto ArmyNet to see how the CGS feels about the breakdown of the One Army Concept.

5. Hang on a sec... so are we supposed to be able to use gyms at barracks?? what about airbases?? Ie RAF wattisham?? lol

6. HMS Collingwood and others in that area are fairly friendly if you go through the right motions since it's virtually dead at the weekends. Access to ablutions/changingrooms is trickier though - not all places have them!

7. I've been using RAF Lyneham for about a year now, no problems I had an induction, issued a key fob for 24 hr entry, then picked up my car pass. £10 for life, cheapest gym I've ever found.

8. Or get it put to CDS for the Joint Force Concept.

Jimima

9. RMCS Gym and JSCSC Squash court access for £24 a year.
    Had to run it past the RMCS CO, but no problems once I explained who I was and why I'd like access.

10. Even the MOD sites? Shabby wood is in my neck of the woods

11. msr

msr LE

Phone them up and ask!

msr

12. alright then, a phone call to Headley...

13. Indifferent - Wattisham is no longer RAF Wattisham - it is Wattisham Station and is majority Army

14. i see, i should know really as its 2 miles away, fecking apaches flying all hours over my fecking house!! miles of fields to use but nope they have to use my street as an aproach!

so as its army now is it worth me phoning??

15. O Cdts from SUOTC have access to the Navy gym in HMS Temeraire in Portsmouth ( the RN PTI School) its right opposite the student union.

Just flashing an army ID card seems to work fine.

Its not a formal organised deal but seems to work fine.