so reading various threads it is definately certain that....

:D
IS ENGR IS the new GODS TRADE. Granted it once was Radio Technician, but alas time moves on! So please feel free to have a whinge.

You poor boy- raise your hands in the air and pray that God in his Telemech-wisdomness pays your call-sign a visit in your hour of need!!!!!

Both of you behave. I think you'll find RTG was, is and always will be GODS TRADE.

is_engr_supremo said:
IS ENGR IS the new GODS TRADE. Granted it once was Radio Technician, but alas time moves on!
Where did you get your info??

RTG WAS the old gods trade but the case is still out for who is the new (if any) - especially with the changes that the Corps has and will go through.

IS ENGR is definately NOT in the running. Granted they work on some new kit but respect is earned and as they have been around for 2 seconds they have earned sh*te. Just look at any of the forums that mention IS and most peaople will be asking what they do - especially when the proverbial hits the fan!!

gods trade arguement yet again! -is eng sup whats with all the arrse medals and only have 20 posts? how did you get them?

slopey_shoulders said:
gods trade arguement yet again! -is eng sup whats with all the arrse medals and only have 20 posts? how did you get them?
Becuase he/she has made numorous donations to the Arrse slush fund!

Donations to the CO's! Money really can buy you medals!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
is_engr_supremo said:
IS ENGR IS the new GODS TRADE. Granted it once was Radio Technician, but alas time moves on! So please feel free to have a whinge.
I always thought that Padre's had a bit of a hold on Gods' thread.

The rest of you get a life and start realising you are soldiers first and trade a very far second place.

I thank you :roll:

Slidex said:
Could not have said it better myself Auld Yin. Difficult to beleive I know but there is life outside the Signals Pond.
Oh dear, i think you meant believe!!!

Don't play with me little man!

:roll: no, i just don't like to play with obnoxious w@nkers!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
gado said:
Slidex said:
Could not have said it better myself Auld Yin. Difficult to beleive I know but there is life outside the Signals Pond.
Oh dear, i think you meant believe!!!

Don't play with me little man!
From Cher

"Believe"
After love, after love [repeat]
No matter how hard I try
You keep pushing me aside
And I can't break through
There's no talking to you
So sad that you're leaving
Takes time to believe it
But after all is said and done
You're going to be the lonely one, Ohh Oh

[CHORUS:]
Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough,
Now
Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough,
Now

Auld-Yin said:
is_engr_supremo said:
I always thought that Padre's had a bit of a hold on Gods' thread.

The rest of you get a life and start realising you are soldiers first and trade a very far second place.

I thank you :roll:
This is the type of additude adopted by RD's that have either failed at their trade or have finally realised that they are getting nowhere. We are a Corps of communicators and if you can't communicate then bugger off and join the infantry. We are here to provide a service - and thats comms (in case you had forgotten) if they want tom's then they go to one of their Regt's.

I am not saying that we should not be up to scratch on our mil skills but this tradesman second thing is a laugh.

If we are all soldiers first then our primary role is what we should be paid for and therefore everyone should be on the same pay - Can of worms - open - everywhere (again) ! :roll: !

Bo**ox - we were paid for our trade - another can open (pay 2000 :roll: ) and are now roughly paid for our trade!

Auld-Yin you have nothing to thank me for :!:

Smoking_Sigs said:
Just look at any of the forums that mention IS and most peaople will be asking what they do - especially when the proverbial hits the fan!!
Again it depends on the unit role (and to an extent, key personnel in the unit). Have you seen how central the coneheads are in the Cormorant Regiments? Absolutely vital, as they control virtually the whole of the management and subcriber networks. The only bits they don't do is get RF/ISDN trunks and 'bid sync' sorted and program the phones. I think most younger IS bods are extremely good (with some exceptions) but I also agree that a) it's far too early to tell about trade significance and b) this is pointless trade-versus-trade utter bullsh1t which helps no one.

Feel free to PM me if you disagree with the Cormorant points.