So much for Tony Blairs promises

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, May 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6614255.stm

A serious shortage of patrol vehicles is hampering operations in Afghanistan, British commanders have told the BBC.

BBC correspondent Alastair Leithead said a lack of heavily armoured Land Rovers was a particular problem.

Lieutenant Colonel Charlie Mayo, spokesman in Helmand province, said only 126 of the 170 needed were in working order.

A spokesman for the MoD (who glanced at the Plasma screen hanging on the wall of this newly re-furbished office, as he wheeled his £1,000 chair across the plush axminster) denied there was a shortage and said huge investments had been made in equipment for the Army.

msr

2. Plus ca change. In Neue Arbeit-land, promises are for making, never for keeping.

I for one will never, ever give the Labour Party a moment of my time again, nor brake if I see them crossing the street.

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Now lets be fair to ol' Tony.He does have a lot on his plate,what with all these luncheon engagement & his impending house move.
    But this is a 'non story' really.The British serviceman has always been poorley equipped but has got on with the job with a degree of profesionalism that makes our Army the best in the world!

4. Same thing happened in Aden 1965...shortage of Landrover spares. Problem was resolved unit QM (T) made a local purchase from the local Landrover dealer in Steamerpoint!!!!