So Mike Yardley and all of the soon expected to appear gun control band wagon jumpers starting to , are the Kiwi's F u Cked when it comes to shooting?

ugly

LE
Sample psychological testing has shown that per capita those that grow up around guns are less likely than those who fear guns institutionally to become involved in crime with those firearms.

Strict euro style gun laws have prevented no terrorist or lone nutter attacks in Europe. Switzerland has the most reasonable gun laws in Europe yet where are the mass murders, school sprees and suicide attacks by terrorists? Your logic is flawed

Wellllllll…

Attitudes dear boy, attitudes.

When you ban things and brand them 'evil', you fetishise them and make them extra attractive to the nuts.

Switzerland? You see blokes riding down to the range on their tredders with an open carry SIG 550 slung across their shoulders and no one bats an eyelid.

That's not actually true though is it ? its a handful of cases at best and spree killers are the blood-soaked cherry on top of a horrendous homicide rate due to a relaxed attitude to firearms .

If I wanted a really big easy 'kill'… go to a motorway flyer with a couple of concrete blocks and the National Express timetable

ugly

LE
I suspect that more people are killed deliberately with cars and trucks than firearms across the Eu every year. Thats not including "accidental"" deaths!

That's not actually true though is it ? its a handful of cases at best and spree killers are the blood-soaked cherry on top of a horrendous homicide rate due to a relaxed attitude to firearms .
It is actually true. There were only a handful of cases to begin with before the declaration of "Gun Free Zones" around schools, and most were stopped by Civilians before the police arrived. Just a handful of decades ago, those of us that drove to high school commonly had shot guns and rifles hanging in the back windows of our trucks and boots of our cars, and quite a few of us probably had handguns which we actually weren't old enough to legally possess in our glove boxes. No problems with school shootings back then.

The massive increase in mass killings since then involves a statistically insignificant number of guns, of any type, and of any finish, as if the choice between single shot, break down, bolt action, and semi-auto, blued, chromed, cerakote, or anodized in evil black makes any difference as to lethality.

I do believe in terms of lives lost, the worst school mass killing in US history remains a bombing from a very long time ago.

It is actually true. There were only a handful of cases to begin with before the declaration of "Gun Free Zones" around schools, and most were stopped by Civilians before the police arrived. Just a handful of decades ago, those of us that drove to high school commonly had shot guns and rifles hanging in the back windows of our trucks and boots of our cars, and quite a few of us probably had handguns which we actually weren't old enough to legally possess in our glove boxes. No problems with school shootings back then.

The massive increase in mass killings since then involves a statistically insignificant number of guns, of any type, and of any finish, as if the choice between single shot, break down, bolt action, and semi-auto, blued, chromed, cerakote, or anodized in evil black makes any difference as to lethality.

I do believe in terms of lives lost, the worst school mass killing in US history remains a bombing from a very long time ago.
List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia
actually, school shootings have been a regular occurrence in the US

If you include legalised killings such as police killing crims then maybe its close!
Death is responsible for more deaths than any other single factor.

We can all bandy statistics around and cherry pick the bits which backs up an argument.

I guess it boils down to what it is you think is important to address. That is reducing deaths by firearms or keeping the right to own guns.

The use of arguments such as more people are killed on the roads than being shot I don't think helps.

Death is responsible for more deaths than any other single factor.

We can all bandy statistics around and cherry pick the bits which backs up an argument.

I guess it boils down to what it is you think is important to address. That is reducing deaths by firearms or keeping the right to own guns.

The use of arguments such as more people are killed on the roads than being shot I don't think helps.
Or the important question.
Why does it matter what country A does when we live in country B?

So you don't need to comment at all on the shooting in NZ thread then?

It may or may not matter, but we can have an opinion and comment.
Oh I will comment all I want, as the actions in that country are having an impact here... Which is the problem...

Now the Kiwi's can do what they want in their own country, but when their campaign of censorship goes overboard it does strike a nerve.