So Mike Yardley and all of the soon expected to appear gun control band wagon jumpers starting to , are the Kiwi's F u Cked when it comes to shooting?

The problem with that is what's conservative in the past is not conservative now for a lot of the younger people. The same way, UK conservative is not like U.S. conservative. Attitudes are changing with education, ages etc., whether you like it or not. Maybe not in flyover states but, by god, the U.S. likely will have a vast set of different policies which will seem "liberal" , when the current baby boomers are gone. Just a hunch.

The problem with that is what's conservative in the past is not conservative now for a lot of the younger people. The same way, UK conservative is not like U.S. conservative. Attitudes are changing with education, ages etc., whether you like it or not. Maybe not in flyover states but, by god, the U.S. likely will have a vast set of different policies which will seem "liberal" , when the current baby boomers are gone. Just a hunch.
Except your theory has been wasted. The flyover states which last I checked vastly outnumber the blue states have been making sure their firearm laws don't reach the sheer stupidity of New York or Illinois. Some states have tried their best to legislate away gun violence, and magically they seem to be murder holes that drag the rest of the country down.

The 2nd is the bedrock for everything else. As has been demonstrated again by NZ, with government mandated censorship.

Except your theory has been wasted. The flyover states which last I checked vastly outnumber the blue states have been making sure their firearm laws don't reach the sheer stupidity of New York or Illinois. Some states have tried their best to legislate away gun violence, and magically they seem to be murder holes that drag the rest of the country down.

The 2nd is the bedrock for everything else. As has been demonstrated again by NZ, with government mandated censorship.
I really can't believe you've actually said that. Good luck and god speed with all the massacres.

And p.s: it's a bloody amendment - it can be changed anytime. Has been done. It's not bedrock.

What is so hard to understand???

It would be easier to take you seriously if you were more than a Passport American and maybe actually came back to the homeland...
You don't have to take me seriously mate. Just leave it at that. I don't have to justify my U.S. credentials to anyone.

And the Kiwis? I admire them - just like what the Aussies did after their mass shooting. And the results speak for themselves.

My last comment on this thread.

You don't have to take me seriously mate. Just leave it at that. I don't have to justify my U.S. credentials to anyone.

And the Kiwis? I admire them - just like what the Aussies did after their mass shooting. And the results speak for themselves.

My last comment on this thread.

Are you sure??

Don't worry.

I'm sure your NRA will lobby hard enough and your 3% ers will voice their conerns enough to frighten your politicians into doing nothing.
I wonder what you think a 3%er is... or a 1%er...

There are more guns that are known about in the US than there are people in the US. Infact, there are more Guns per household (over 3) than there are TVs and Vehicles per household (slightly over 2) with an actual 48-50% of households claiming to have guns (so, over 6 per in households that claim guns).

Of course the known gun pile in the US is completely underestimated, most gun owners I know have more than 10, and many people own hundreds or even thousands without wide disclosure of the contents of our personal armories. Just the guns our civilians admit to owning total more than the rest of the planet combined.

The percentage of guns used in mass killing crimes comes to an insignificant 0.00000000333% of the known total of guns in this country. Yup. That's right, 99.99999996% of known guns in this country didn't jump up and discharge into a crowd today, or any day. Have you got any other products that have that great of a safety record that are also wielded by those who would do harm for whatever reason?

Cell phones and chargers? Not only great for controlling remote detonations, they can initiate mass death on their own without someone in control by burning down whatever structure you may leave an evil one unattended in... Cars, same deal, you don't even need to have a driver with evil intent in control, fly by wire accelerators are great for unintentionally testing the rev limiter and plowing through whatever is in front of the car, plus bonus even bigger fire hazard lithium batteries in some for bonus points...
The old toaster in the tub/hot tub? Thinking small there... Why not just let it decide to burn down the house when everyone is sleeping? I love how DeWalt offered me $5 in return for the privilege of spending $65 to have it's Black & Decker death machine in my house for 2 months before the recall a few years back, and therefore haven't bought any of their products since.

Find a demonstrably safer product than a gun.

I wonder what you think a 3%er is... or a 1%er...

There are more guns that are known about in the US than there are people in the US. Infact, there are more Guns per household (over 3) than there are TVs and Vehicles per household (slightly over 2) with an actual 48-50% of households claiming to have guns (so, over 6 per in households that claim guns).

Of course the known gun pile in the US is completely underestimated, most gun owners I know have more than 10, and many people own hundreds or even thousands without wide disclosure of the contents of our personal armories. Just the guns our civilians admit to owning total more than the rest of the planet combined.

The percentage of guns used in mass killing crimes comes to an insignificant 0.00000000333% of the known total of guns in this country. Yup. That's right, 99.99999996% of known guns in this country didn't jump up and discharge into a crowd today, or any day. Have you got any other products that have that great of a safety record that are also wielded by those who would do harm for whatever reason?

Cell phones and chargers? Not only great for controlling remote detonations, they can initiate mass death on their own without someone in control by burning down whatever structure you may leave an evil one unattended in... Cars, same deal, you don't even need to have a driver with evil intent in control, fly by wire accelerators are great for unintentionally testing the rev limiter and plowing through whatever is in front of the car, plus bonus even bigger fire hazard lithium batteries in some for bonus points...
The old toaster in the tub/hot tub? Thinking small there... Why not just let it decide to burn down the house when everyone is sleeping? I love how DeWalt offered me $5 in return for the privilege of spending $65 to have it's Black & Decker death machine in my house for 2 months before the recall a few years back, and therefore haven't bought any of their products since.

Find a demonstrably safer product than a gun.
A handkerchief.

Next.

Nope. Firearms rate is 5 per 100,000, abortion alone is 235 per 100,000 before you ever get into patient abuse and malpractice.

If one is going to profess worry for the children...
Depends how you define intentional killing.

But it seems to me you’re happy to defend a situation where guns kill more per head than say your nearest neighbour to the north wh8ch is probably most like the us. If you’re ok with thar then fine for you. Your country your rules.

I just get the impression that the debate on this in the us is too polarised to the point it’s not properly able to be thrashed out..

It’s the us’s problem, not mine.

Would that be the fancy white portable reservoirs of disease, or the repurposed away from the hillbillies paisley gang land targets?
I

I’ve not yet known a handkerchief to kill someone by be8ng a handkerchief

And if you wish to snot in the street and polite c9mpany by using your fingers because you think a handkerchief will kill you, be my guest

I

I’ve not yet known a handkerchief to kill someone by be8ng a handkerchief

And if you wish to snot in the street and polite c9mpany by using your fingers because you think a handkerchief will kill you, be my guest
Disposable tissues replaced them nearly 100 years ago, and I would excuse myself from any company to avail myself of the use of same.

Trying to do gun control at the state level is never going to work - too many guns freely moving about anyway, whilst just disarming the law-abiding.

Yes but trying to do it a National level would be even worse.
It's the only way it'll ever work.

Any serious attempt at US gun control has to start by getting rid of the guns that aren't supposed to be there.

Which guns aren't supposed to be where?
All the unregistered - and particularly illegal - ones floating around which would be very easy for a criminal to get their hands on. As many gun-rights activists point out, there's not much point in just disarming the law-abiding.

As criminals don't really care about the law, getting physically rid of the un-controllable ones would need to be the priority.

All the unregistered - and particularly illegal - ones floating around which would be very easy for a criminal to get their hands on. As many gun-rights activists point out, there's not much point in just disarming the law-abiding.

As criminals don't really care about the law, getting physically rid of the un-controllable ones would need to be the priority.
Sorry, we don’t have to register firearms
here.