So Mike Yardley and all of the soon expected to appear gun control band wagon jumpers starting to , are the Kiwi's F u Cked when it comes to shooting?

ugly

LE
Well the fragrant (or not) Kiwi PM has knee jerked beyond belief, new laws coming to a paradise near you (yes thats you Australia, keep your nutters at home in future) and I suspect that a few Kiwi mates who went home post Dunblane will be wondering if that is coming soon!

TamtamPWRR

On ROPS
On ROPs
Expect a ban on centre fire semi auto rifles in the next few days. With the Hungerford and Dunblane shootings, concerns about the shooters were expressed by the gun clubs that they were members of but not followed up by police, I wonder if Tarrant had any warning signs that were similiarly noticed.

NZ is a long way from here but this can only give more grist to our own dear, sweet, delusional gun-control cretins.

ugly

LE
The Police dont seem to be as interfering there as they have been here in the law making process. I suspect that such a ban may happen, the Kiwis may end up with them moved to their collectors license category as I doubt the Govt will want to pay for a buy back.
Expect much smoke and mirrors to gain votes whilst the knees are jerking!

ugly

LE
Banning magazines of a certain capacity is pointless, they have been restricted in NZ for a lifetime and yet oddly enough someone broke the law!

Listening to a radio interview with Ardern while driving home. Also an interview with the NZ leader of the opposition (who was so memorable I can't remember his name - talked in circles - said nothing). There are no details as yet but much reference to what happened in Oz following the Port Arthur shootings.

Should that become the model then expect;
. a ban on all semi-automatic weapons (full and small-bore) with a licensed exemption for professional shooters with a proven need for such weapons, e.g. deer culling from helos
. all firearm holders to be licensed (long and short arms) with police checks before granting
. applications for firearms licence must show need and proof (e.g. my own case I applied for full-bore and small-bore target rifle, full-bore hunting and target handgun - I had to show club membership for target arms & approval to hunt over Crown Land for hunting use - there is also a 28 day waiting period for the Permit To Acquire required to purchase each separate firearm)
. far more strenuous storage provisions which includes minimum metal thickness, separate lockable compartments for handgun, separate lockable compartment for ammunition and bolted to the floor gun safes (because I have handgun on my licence I am also required to have at a minimum an audible burglar alarm fitted in my house which I have upgraded into a monitored alarm).

Last edited:
Banning magazines of a certain capacity is pointless, they have been restricted in NZ for a lifetime and yet oddly enough someone broke the law!
They’ve been pinned at 5 rd’s in Canada for years, pins can come out.....

ugly

LE
Possession of an illegal item by a criminal is hardly going to upset the criminal is it!
Mind you Lee Enfield and M1 Garand magazines dont need to be pinned in Canada.

Like the US. Colorado and New Jersey residents simply go out of state to buy magazines and say they owned them before the ban........making sure to obliterate any production markings. Some legally sold restricted magazines simply have a wooden dowl inside to limit capacity.

Reports of a gun club being burned down during the night in Kaitaia. I wonder if this is a direct action from Friday?

Like the US. Colorado and New Jersey residents simply go out of state to buy magazines and say they owned them before the ban........making sure to obliterate any production markings. Some legally sold restricted magazines simply have a wooden dowl inside to limit capacity.
The Greenies come here in droves...

NZ is a long way from here but this can only give more grist to our own dear, sweet, delusional gun-control cretins.

The big thing in the media, there and here, is MSSA - ‘Military Style Small Arms’, that’s anything black and scary looking.
Worth pointing out that MSSA where specifically singled out as ‘should we ban these’, along with move and fire disciplines in the 2004 Home Office firearms consultation process.
I wouldn’t take a bet against the HO currently wondering If now is the time to nail .22LR AR/AK/HK lookalikes.

R0B

Old-Salt
Possession of an illegal item by a criminal is hardly going to upset the criminal is it!
Mind you Lee Enfield and M1 Garand magazines dont need to be pinned in Canada.
Mass murder is illegal so if the perpetrator decided he was okay breaking that law I'm sure he won't be too concerned if his magazine wasn't legal.

This always seems to be the result of this sort of thing, we just keep making new laws that only really effect the law abiding people. Our own law banning 'hand guns' hasn't really solved gun crime.

The Greenies come here in droves...
In Pennsylvania we used to get the spiv's from Noo Joizee over at the gun show's buying their contraband.