So, Masons, a force for good or old boys network?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Mar 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

We've all heard of them, the cops are corrupt with friendly thumb action going on and Judges are all members who will let you off if you are one of the few.

Theres more than a few members who have offered up a bit of truth, So are the Masons good guys or is it all about helping mates out and being part of the crew?
  2. Because no other organisation in history has ever done that, right? :roll:

Did you get rejected by your local Lodge? :twisted:
  3. Spillage in aisle 3.
  4. How many times to I have to tell you - stop wanking over the school kids in my store!

You selfish b@stard! :twisted:
  5. Someone’s tired :wink:
  6. Ord Sjt every Mason I have met is a bon oeuf 8O
  7. Seems an very random thread to start, unless youve recently caught your missus being banged up the sh*t box by some bloke wearing an apron and bow tie.
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Oh my, the the the run from the light is not surprising :D . I've been approached but I'm more than happy to move on under my own steam. Lodges are where you have holidays surely. :police:

It was a genuine question about what they add, no need to get defensive.
  9. Who cares? For many people "truth" is exactly what they want it to be; the "yeah but ..." morons who can't accept they're not going to be told what they want to hear, on any given subject and from any source; most folk either couldn't give two hoots or couldn't count to 20 without taking their shoes and socks off.

So, membership is exclusive and by invitation only; there is a certain amount of privacy respected by members; I can't see where that becomes sinister.

If you chaps want to slag off a multi-layered, multi-national organisation linked to general corruption and paedophilia, try slagging off the Vatican.
  10. a society of secrets, not a secret society.........
  11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Wow, its like moving a damp towel in a roach hotel. It was a genuine question.
  12. It dosent really matter what is said about Masons, Ive been in now for 8 years, and to be honest, is the least "old boys network" like organisation I have ever come across. Ive spent time in JNCO's and SNCO's messes which were both more "old boys network" than the masons, likewise our local golf club is run on the same lines.

All I can say is that for an organisation which hosts hundreds of regimental lodges, military lodges where serving and ex can meet for a few drinks and a bit of craic then its fine. Im not saying there arent other organisations like this but the masons dosent give a hoot what rank you were, your all the same in the masons, sort of.

Im sure there are people who do each other a favour now and again, but when you join you actually agree not to use your membership for this purpose. But, IMHO, why not? nothing wrong with it as long as its law abiding and not corrupt.

I think the days of funny hand signals in court, coppers letting you off murder chargers and being blamed for Dianas death, Kennedy, WW1 WW2 etc etc are gone - I hope so anyway.

I would recommend it.
  13. hammy123,,,, forget me not..................................
  14. Any chance of pointing where any “Chaps” have slagged the masons off on this thread 8O

The OP asked a pretty innocuous question followed by some overtly defensive (aggressive) posts.

Talk about getting your retaliation in first :D
  15. You are Dan Brown, and I claim back the £10 I paid for The Lost Symbol...

Oy, that was huge, steaming pile of sh1te! 8O