So if one no longer has a parachute...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Schaden, Mar 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

2. Is it that expensive to retain the capability? Ultimately, jumping out of planes is a skill we can do without; but p-coy and pride in the 'para' identity is what makes them good soldiers.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Perhaps this is the way of things, as it goes longer and longer from a conflict where paratroopers are risked/needed they become the target for defence cuts.

I love the idea of the para spearhead but perhaps in this day and age a few loaded low flying merlins and chinooks have more chance of beating enemy air defences that a few low flying slow hercs.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. This doesn't seem to ring true with all the work that 216 Para Sig Sqn have done recently to prepare for a return to contingency ops - Christ, there was a massive spread all about them in The Wire not long ago...
  5. Heliborne Assault Troops- I'll let you work out the abbreviation!
    • Like Like x 24
  6. This will be fun. Where is 2 up 3 down when you want a wank and skewed opinion?

Sent from ma hoose.
  7. He'll be off snarling 'SUEZ!' under his breath as he lets yet another Hat's windscreen wiper thump down with vindictive finality on yet another freshly-issued parking ticket. He's not to be trifled with, you know.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. HeAT?
  9. Does this mean that only 80 personnel will be eligible for para pay?
  10. Sunno - what is this...has the Airbus finally come of age - typical of the latest defence projects in Europ it is fitted for but not with Paratroopers.

11. Well, that's me outraged. I'm off out in 10 minutes to get pissed with Not Quite Chuffed of Chipping Norton and Frankly Disgusted of Doncaster to drum up support.
    An ex member of Para Reg possessing political views anything other than "slightly rightwing of Gengus Khan" can only be considered utterly gay and hattish.

I served under this floppy haired specimen and if I had known he'd go onto become a Labour MP or was even sympathetic to the cause I would have waged the very most severe brew skiffing campaign against him.

OT- Not this old chestnut again, the topic seems to get churned out on a weekly basis these days and for all the endless bum gravy that gets spewed nothing changes.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Why does everyone think "hat" comes from heli assault troops?

It's got fuck all to do with that. It's because everyone else wears a stupid hat for example the forage cap and all that other crap. Oh look, see the pro words in there "crap hat"

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

14. You can't really be that dim can you?
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Mate, whether you like it or not that's the gen.

The fact that everyone who wears said crap hat is a useless fecker backs it up.

That's what I was told when I joined the reg and the blokes before that and before that and so on and so on ( you get the idea)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)