So I was out a run today

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by SandysOpinion, Nov 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I went a run and I went a bit further than usual, normal run is 1.5 miles but I went for 3 miles today (no problems at all)
    but when I got back one of my socks was stained with blood, upon taking it off my middle toe was cover in the stuff! I've cleaned it up and there is no sign of a cut anywhere :?
    The only explanation I can come to is the blood is coming from the edge of my nail (cuticle? quick?)
    Has anyone else expirienced this? and what is the cure so to speak?
    (there is no pain what so ever but I thought I'd ask as I am pirbright bound soon )
    thanks

2. Cut your toe off????

It'll never bleed again :wink:

3. bleeding feet - you're f**ked. No pain? no problem. Keep your feet clean and nails cut etc, they'll soon harden up.

4. Yeah was thinking of just ignoring them and keep on running, dare the weak bastwered feet to defy me!

5. So there is no one here that has had this problem? Worried now

6. Are you sure it's not been running down your leg?

7. certain, the blood is just at the tip of the sock (please god do not let that be a wah)

8. yeah I had it before just gotta change your running shoes or get half a size larger.

9. sorry :D :headbang: :D

10. I thought it must be about cricket.

11. Got it at the moment mate, just good footadmin will sort it out. Put a plaste ron it to minimise soft fluff from socks infecting it.

12. Keep the corner of your toe nails rounded and short..AND dont start topics with ' SO today I etc etc...IT is so fuuucking gay..

13. It's also worth getting some good quality (slightly more expensive too, i'm afraid) sports socks if your feet are a bit on the soft* side. I take it you've got your trainers done up correctly, not too tight but not so loose that there is movement around the heal?

*Girly