So how'd ride one of these?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by brettarider, Aug 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Seen these via another forum from 50-200cc I quite like them
    Kikker 5150.
    [​IMG]

2. I'd consider dicking around on one - but I'd be wanting another cylinder, and at least another 550 cubes.....but they styling does look mint ( and that's saying something, cos I don't like custom bikes / hardly rideables / etc ), especially with the sucide shift

3. Looking at that carb, sparking up for a tab after could become interesting!

4. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Seems there's a 250 twin V out now would definerlty consider one of those

5. What are you supposed to do if you want to go round a corner quickly. Those tyres might be okay in a straight line,which is why Americans build them,but not round corners,tele front end,solid arse end,recipe for disaster. :-(

6. RR, did you look carefully at it. Look at the engine closely. It wont go quickly in a straight line so going round corners quickly is hardly an issue.
    Those things are really for fun only. Consider it as a grown up airfix kit.

7. this is want you want........... what you really really want............

[​IMG]

Royal Enfield UK

I'v been looking at getting a trials as my next ride.

I dont care that they are made in India these days. still a classic machine and they still looks f*ckin' hot too.

8. Considered a Royal Enfield. I think I would have a clubman version as a "fun" bike if I had the garage space and spare cash. I wouldnt have one as my only bike but it is not a "toy" like that kicker is.

9. I have to share this one: I used t have a little yammy 100 'get to work' bike. One night after I'd come up the front garden, I knew I was low on petrol but didn't know how low. So I opens the cap, shakes the bike and looks in but it's too dark.

So without thinking, I lit a lighter by the cap to try to see the bottom. [As you do] Yes, I know... stupidest thing I've ever done [in a life full of extremely stupid acts]. Anyway, cue little blue flame as the fumes light! :-O

I am now looking down at a container of petrol between my thighs with my todger some 8 inches away from the naked flame. I had several panic-stricken thoughts crash through my mind after the initial 'Oh Fxxk'! All of them on how to put the thing out without harm to me (read: my bits), damage to the bike or without embrrassment as I clearly envisioned fire-engines, sleepy parents and neighbours in pajamas and a smouldering wreck the next morning with everone wondering 'how?'

I had many theories on the physics of 'how to put the flames out SAFELY' flash through my mind in this dangerous situation but I'll just say I over-rode my initial instinct of dropping the bike and I ended up trying to blow it out... but I found the chin bit and visor of the full-face helmet nullified the effect. :-o Cue panicy pushing the helmet down and more frantic blowing (no good.. the visor was open/up but now it was in the way!!) I then pushed the helmet up and with a blow, and then a bigger one, I blew the flame out. Phew... :) I sat there in shock! The whole thing lasted about 5 secs.

My abiding horror is my looking down at an alight petrol tank under my crotch and I'm blowing at the thing in a full-face helmet. :-o

10. I had a mate do something similar, but with a tank off the bike ready for painting. No idea what possessed him to look inside with a lighter, but there was a quick 'whump' sound, tank hit the floor and all his facial hair, plus a bit leading back from his forehead, all gone in a split second. He was called Nikki Lauder from that day on.