So, How Does One Join the Glorious Peoples Liberation Army?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AndyPipkin, Oct 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That is a fantastic incentive to join....no wonder there military is so frickin big....teenage boys across china must be using that video as military inspiration.

i would join.....thats a whole lot of fun right there

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Presumably, you have to be a national of the PRC and have rocked up to the equivalent of the AFCIO asking to join.

Alternatively they just kidnap you off the street, dress you in green, put a rifle in your hand and send you off to fight the running lap-dogs of western imperialism.

3. I imagine being born in China,speaking Mandarin/Cantonese,liking rice and fried dog,enjoying bad hair cuts,and getting brainwashed,with no freedom of speech would be a good place to start?

4. You're all a bunch of capitalist running dogs and I hereby defect to the peoples army.

So uhmmmm tell me chef, when do we eat? I could murder a chinese?

5. Sounds just like Bradford

6. I wonder if the young lady sodjiers in pink wear 'regulation' nickers and and underwear......oooher Matron.... :oops: :p

what a sad old sack I yam, I yam...... :?

Attached Files:

7. I dunno, they all look the same to me, see one you,ve seen 'em all :roll: :roll:

8. The title of the video on Youtube is

60周年國慶三軍女兵及女民兵方隊

Was surprised to see traditional characters being used, but I see the uploader is from Hong Kong.

Does anybody know if Beijing plans to impose simplified characters on HK & Macau? (Possibly one for Smart as Carrots?.)

9. Is it true that a Chinese lady's front bottom is on the horizontal elevation?

10. If she's sitting on you sideways.........

11. I always want another half an hour later.

12. Got to love those Pink ladies & not a T bird in sight....................... it sounded good in my head but shit now Ive written it.

Anyway, jo san nei ho ma

13. The simplified characters set is less than 30 years old and still a work in progress. The basic aim behind it was to improve adult literacy rates by making it easier to read and write the most commonly used concepts. To put it into context the simplified set consists of about 2,200 characters, whereas there are around 80,000 characters in total so it's not as if they are two completely different languages.

HK, Macau, Taiwan and Singapore all still use the traditional character set and it doesn't seem to cause any harm to their education systems, though.However, there's a growing feeling in the PRC that the simplification has gone too far and there are some proposals floating around to release a new character set to correct some of the problems this caused. Incidentally, there're considerable differences in usage of thetraditional set between the Cantonese speakers of HK and the mainly Mandarin speakers of Taiwan, particularly with concepts that came into existence in the last 30 years or so and the different peoples dealt with it in different ways linguistically.

I don't know of any plans to impose simplified characters on the SARs, the PRC government seems to be playing a pretty straight bat with the handover agreements in regard to cultural autonomy so far. I suspect, though, that practicality will lead to a 'bilinguality' (trilinguality?) in one way or another. The Chinese People's Consultative Congress floated a proposal a couple of years back that the PRC should return to traditional characters and was roundly ridiculed from virtually every quarter.

Oh, and the birds on parade were pretty hot. :D

14. Really.

How interesting.