So. Harleys. What do we think?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Forastero, Jul 31, 2013.

?
  1. Absolutely, bring it.

14 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Might do, depends.

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. No fecking chance.

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Gayer than a bag of dicks.

58 vote(s)
    66.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I'll admit it, I've got one and I love it. Stacks of noise, lots of character and a feeling that you're on something a bit different. I can chuck it around, smash it up the road and always come back with a grin on me grid. I have no arseless chaps and I'm married. To a girl. I'm also not a member of a 'Chapter' or The Patriots MC.

Opinions, fellow bikers?!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I would rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than ride that over priced American shite...

Unless you want to give me a mid 60's Sportster...

• Like Like x 4
  3. It's only a matter of time before the tassels and fringed saddlebags appear.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Not a chance, I have testicles.

5. Mince. Absolutely mince. Hairdressers avoid them as being too gay. For ride and comfort, my Midnight Star 1300 farts in it's general direction.

However.

In 3-4 weeks time I will take one on hire in Muurca. Again. I will thrap it up and down I10, finishing of in Houston before taking what's left of it back to Las Vegas.

Throughout, I will be grinning like Stuart Hall at the gates The Mater Convent For Blind 14 Year Old Blondes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've had my midlife crisis and ended up buying property in a sparsely populated area of Canada. BUT, if I was single, I would definitely have a Harley.

Never been on a motorbike in my life but can see the attraction, flies in my eyes, 15 minutes to get kitted up, sweating my gonads off in the hot weather, twatish motorists, 15 minutes to get back into civvies, cursing that a rear tyre only lasts 2000 miles, explaining to my mates that I love it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. I love riding bikes but I hate the whole "biker" scene, I'm not a bro or into dressing in leather and tassles, nor do I want to dress up like a power ranger and scream around with my knees in my ears but if I wanted to plough a field I'd buy a tractor.

I'll stick with my 1980 Z1000.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Is it this?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  9. I have always thought that they were a bike for tossers.
    This was reinforced when I saw an interview on the telly with that bloke who sang 'in the midnight hour' .Sorry can't remember his name right now. It might have been Billy fury or something.
    I mentioned this to my bro a couple of weeks ago.
    He used to live in LA back in the day and said that the aforementioned singer did in fact look the bollocks cruising down sunset boulevard. So the jury is out. Give me A cbr 600 any
    day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Much rather have a Triumph Rocket III...

• Like Like x 2
  11. You're talking about masturbation again, aren't you?

12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

No but I passed my test on one of those *******. Had a buckshee week's leave and my Barracks' monkey section were running a course and had a spare slot so I took it up. They had a monkey bird on the course who I swear was about 4'5" and couldn't touch the floor and was terrified of the thing, not without good reason in some respects. Anyway, we rode out to Southend from Colchester and she promptly piled in on the first bend as 'she couldn't go round corners because she thought she would fall off.'

13. If you like your bike then who gives a **** what other non bikers / bikers think.

Does riding a Harley make you cool? Nope
    Does riding a race rep in full leathers make you cool? Nope

Does riding either put a smile on YOUR grid? Yep

Vehicle snobs......I shit em.

• Like Like x 5
  14. You may have a point: Onanism and Milwaukee iron frequently occur in the same sentence.

Back to thread: HD-until quite recently-had a horrendous engineering reputation. The old joke used to be that if there was no oil puddle under the bike, the reservoir was empty. The ride on most of the softails is abysmal and you need an area the size of Rhode Island to turn the feckers.

But.

When I collect the bike for my run out, I will sit on it for at least 10 minutes with the engine burbling, just blipping the throttle as I blow a small but perfectly formed snot bubble.

15. All the show. Not much go.

And that comes from a bloke who rides a BMW R1200RT...(well)