So farewell then Caubeen...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Cuddles, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In an ironic manner, Caubeen's off-line alter-ego Colin McKelvie has passed away from a pulmonary embolism. An oxygen thief dying from oxygen theft so to speak. In a long and distinguished military career, Caubeen managed to generate more enemies than Bush and blair combined.

As someone with a great record in the worlds of field sports, particularly woodcock afficionados (again ironically an animal eaten with its beak shoved up its arrse), Caubeen decided instead to big himself up in military circles. Writing in the persona of a young-at-heart, classically educated, fighting Irish Brigadier, he entertained at first then aroused suspicions.

Once outed he tried the old "log in as someone else and defend himself" ploy. Regrettably he showed poor judgement in his choice of character references and went from despised old saddo to reviled.

He will no doubt be missed in the real world, as evidenced by his kindly obituary in Shooting Times. Here in the arrse-i-verse, Caubeen's passing will be no doubt greeted with a raspberry and the soldier's farewell!

A virtual charitable fund will be set up to pay for his virtual manservant McBollochs and to endow an annual bottle of Bushmills to be shared by those who are first to deny they were taken in by him, despite dozens of posts to the contrary. (Personally I was just reeling him in, honest. London Irish and i had him at "Cau...")

RIP mucker, lying down not just lying...

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Is his missus fit?

RIP Brig.

:roll:

3. So how did you find out he had left us :crying:
    Does that mean we will not hear from Democritus again? If he is dead (buried along with military honours of course :salut: ) then IF democritus was telling the truth he could return finally settling the speculation to if he was Caubeen.

maybe MI6 staged his death so that he could return as his alter ego and save the world (one bottle of port at a time).

4. Got a link for the Obit we can all have a giggle at?

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Maybe it's another su-wah-cide :D

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Taxi to Hell for Mr Fugly...

7. Already his defenders prepare to march, to lay his body to rest as a warrior of his kind deserves. He is to be cremated viking style at the Lakeland shopping centre, weather and the under-5s birthday party permitting.

I wonder if the Iranian military forum will send a wreath or Fatima class of 1948?

His ashes are to be scattered over his favourite manservant.

8. I feel an obituary should begin on this thread...

heres mine: Farewell Caubeen...I'm sure your drinking port with Jesus now.

9. His obituary will be found in this week's Shooting Times. While it is long on his contribution to shooting sports, it fails to mention his military career. Obviously a D-notice was slapped on the piece, for the Adjutant of 49 PARA spent some weeks crafting the input.

10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Bushmills announce profit fall.

11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Well, that certainly means there's a slot for a faithful Irish manservant available, unless Muldoon gets thrown on the pyre with his erstwhile master in a form of Celtic sutee.

Anyone need a butler who knows how to mix a mean Bailey's'n'Guinness?

12. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

The darling boy of valour has slipped off to Tir na Nóg to sup Bushmills with Finn MacCool and the rest of the Fianna. I hope that his trusty batman has erected a suitable tumulus over his resting place before playing a long lament on the pipes as his faithful Irish Wolfhound howled to see such a warrior laid to rest. I presume he was laid out in his Blues with a copy of Tacitus' Histories clenched to his bosom.

He was bloody good entertainment though and did, at least, pull together the Irish members of the site for a while.

I will never forget the electronic intervention of some Field Marshall's widow or somesuch to provide a character reference for him!

13. RIP Caubeen,You ticked all my nostalgia boxes and evoked the "blue remembered hills" for me.Until you turned out to be a ..........

Still,De mortuis,nil nisi bonum.

(Not that this will be the case round here )

14. The Senior Officers of 49 Bde take the salute...

:salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:

...as the massed bands assemble...

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
    ...followed closely by the Bde of Guards...

:safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe: :safe:

15. Lady Hackett was her name, Brigadier Shaun Hacketts widow, though Caubeen by then was completley loosing it, but providing some complete fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.