SO confused! I know il proply get stick for this

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Potential_Recruit, Jan 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically iv always had the idea of being in the military its something iv always wanted to do

im now 20 and want to pursue my child hood dream.

Basically im stuck between two!

I want to be an infrantry combat soldier, i dont want to sound like a war junkie but i want to go to afghan and iraq to exprience what soldiers go through, also to carry the chanllenges, i want to feel part of a brother hood and walk away from operations with life expriences.

Im stuck between ARMY and RAF REGIMENT.
    I know this is an ARMY forum but i need honest oppinions to help me decide,

Basically iv heard sooo much about the army (not my words) being full of yobs, racist, hooligans, and they accept any body,

This put me off because i want to be next to trained, proffesional soldiers who will follow me into war, Of corse every body loves a laugh but i just dont want to feel like im living in a YOBS prison. (PLEASE dont stick me , this is want iv been told about the army)

I just want your views on excatly what life is like ,

Whats basic infrantry pay? What is the trainers like? (I heard they beat there recruits) Im mixed my self.. is there alot of racism??

Wheres as RAF REGIMENT i heard the RAF look after there people better, pay , accomdation wise and just every thing else in general like there more selective on there recruits, but then agai i heard RAF do not get in the think of it , and i heard everybody hates them and their useless .

SO guys i neeed advice please, !!
  2. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Oh dear..
  3. Ok. Your mum likes been roughly fingered. She says it makers her squirt.

No need to thank me you prick.
  4. If Carlsberg did WAHs...............................................
  5. Confused over how to use a keyboard : Check
    Confused about spelling : Check
    WAH : Check
  6. Have you considered the Royal Marines? Infantry but not army.
  7. If you want to go on Ops:

then I'd advise against the RAF regiment. Perhaps watch 'Warzone' on Monday night (9pm) to see what you'd be doing instead. :wink:

Also wah
  8. What he said!
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's got to be one of the worst ever wah's - and it's DULL!
  10. I've bitten, haven't I :oops:
  11. You won't be going to Iraq. Due to the credit crunch its shutting soon.
  12. 'boredcivi'??
  13. Where to start? :? :roll:
  14. Whats with all the stick? Im trying to find out information here, no need to fucking give me shit.
  15. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Oh dear again..