SO confused! I know il proply get stick for this

Basically iv always had the idea of being in the military its something iv always wanted to do

im now 20 and want to pursue my child hood dream.

Basically im stuck between two!

I want to be an infrantry combat soldier, i dont want to sound like a war junkie but i want to go to afghan and iraq to exprience what soldiers go through, also to carry the chanllenges, i want to feel part of a brother hood and walk away from operations with life expriences.

Im stuck between ARMY and RAF REGIMENT.
I know this is an ARMY forum but i need honest oppinions to help me decide,

Basically iv heard sooo much about the army (not my words) being full of yobs, racist, hooligans, and they accept any body,

This put me off because i want to be next to trained, proffesional soldiers who will follow me into war, Of corse every body loves a laugh but i just dont want to feel like im living in a YOBS prison. (PLEASE dont stick me , this is want iv been told about the army)

I just want your views on excatly what life is like ,

Whats basic infrantry pay? What is the trainers like? (I heard they beat there recruits) Im mixed my self.. is there alot of racism??

Wheres as RAF REGIMENT i heard the RAF look after there people better, pay , accomdation wise and just every thing else in general like there more selective on there recruits, but then agai i heard RAF do not get in the think of it , and i heard everybody hates them and their useless .

SO guys i neeed advice please, !!

If Carlsberg did WAHs...............................................

Potential_Recruit said:
Basically iv always had the idea of being in the military its something iv always wanted to do

im now 20 and want to pursue my child hood dream.

Basically im stuck between two!

I want to be an infrantry combat soldier, i dont want to sound like a war junkie but i want to go to afghan and iraq to exprience what soldiers go through, also to carry the chanllenges, i want to feel part of a brother hood and walk away from operations with life expriences.

Im stuck between ARMY and RAF REGIMENT. Is this a wah? I'll assume it isn't
I know this is an ARMY forum but i need honest oppinions to help me decide,

Basically iv heard sooo much about the army (not my words) being full of yobs, racist, hooligans, and they accept any body, That's bullshit. Stop reading the Mirror for a bit.

This put me off because i want to be next to trained, proffesional soldiers who will follow me into war, Of corse every body loves a laugh but i just dont want to feel like im living in a YOBS prison. (PLEASE dont stick me , this is want iv been told about the army) By who?

Whats basic infrantry pay? Starts from around £16,000 What is the trainers like? (I heard they beat there recruits) Bollocks. A classic case of the BBC taking an isolated incident and pretending it's the norm. Im mixed my self.. is there alot of racism?? No, there isn't. There is banter though; if you can't hack that then the army isn't for you.

Wheres as RAF REGIMENT i heard the RAF look after there people better, pay , accomdation wise and just every thing else in general like there more selective on there recruits, but then agai i heard RAF do not get in the think of it , and i heard everybody hates them and their useless . Not qualified to comment; ask someone like Airborne Aircrew for a RAF perspective.

SO guys i neeed advice please, !!
Have you considered the Royal Marines? Infantry but not army.

If you want to go on Ops:

Potential_Recruit said:
to exprience what soldiers go through, also to carry the chanllenges
then I'd advise against the RAF regiment. Perhaps watch 'Warzone' on Monday night (9pm) to see what you'd be doing instead. :wink:

Also wah

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
It's got to be one of the worst ever wah's - and it's DULL!

You won't be going to Iraq. Due to the credit crunch its shutting soon.

Potential_Recruit said:

What is the trainers like?

unless they have changed, they were hitec shaddows
sorry to disappoint you, i hope this won't put you off joining