So Big Brother is watching us!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by NewTheatreMan, Nov 24, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. interesting to hear on friday that the upper ech of the corps are not happy with some of the topics posted here. More of it i say. At least we get to see the views of the real people within the corps instead of having to sit at some poxy AMS road show listening to all the dribble before getting to air our veiws in public listened to by one member of the roadshow who manages to put that black mark against you for daring to speak up while the rest of the members are busy trying to remember what items of duty free they still have to buy before jet setting off home!

Up the Revolution thats what i say :lol:

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

As already posted- posters beware they don't like what we post on this board!

Use the PM method if required and we put the real info about!

3. Maybe so NTM, but if most of them read it thats a good thing right??

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Only if they react to the information in the spirit it is posted- which they won't!

Where do you work again?

5. Well, Sirs and Ma'ams,

If you don't like what you read perhaps you could always try voicing your opinion on this forum......... As you will see from many of the posts we are always open to discussion.

Perhaps you don't know how to log on? Am sure one of the COs would be happy to explain how it works. Looking forward hearing your views. Don't be shy.

:wink:

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Can't quite see the General logging on! Nice thought though!

7. Perhaps he could get his AD to do it for him..........

8. deleted

9. deleted

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The paranoia about the roadshows and MCM interviews are the years of the fall out from these carnivals. How many interviews ahve we heard of, when soldiers and officers turn up and the interviewing officer cannot comment as he'was in a rush and forgot the relevant files' or 'forgot the soldiers file as he wasn't aware he was interviewing said soldier.

Plus the roadshows on the WOQC for example, it was noted the MCM Col told the seated WO's and future WO's of the AMS the reason why the RAMC doesn't do well on Commissioning is because we didnt produce very good WO's. Plus they will never open any can of worms that everyone would like to discuss like MDHU affiliation or military training. Or the way ahead for CMT development which in my 23 years never got off a SO2's desk if it even got onto it.

Like the home page of ARR$E says the opinions of the posters are their own, and if you don't like what you read then don't read this site. Take every post with a pinch of salt and you won't go far wrong. Opinions are like ar$eholes we all have one!

And the comment about always times for questions- how many times has the presenting officer packed up his laptop and been out the door due a pressing engagement! Head, above and parapit comes to mind.

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Surely the individuals aspirations and ambitions should be acknowledged, again after 23 years I have seen the effect of MRO and then MCM, soldiers even doing leg work to exchange postings, same career situation but wishing to go to UK and BAOR on a cross posting. Obviously this didnt happen and I am sure your MCM party line will be "I cant comment on individual cases". Then you hear about soldiers who have their next two posting sorted- and they have.

Why cannot the Army have the same cross posting procedures as the Navy? Also why doesnt the Army have a SNCO/ WO on the help desks (as the Navy does) for soldiers to ring and speak to on postings and get career advice. Obviously as the Adjt/ CO is the only person in an AMS unit allowed to call MCM. Becuase you wouldn't catch soldiers doing that.......

In respect to CR's, educate officers who will do part one and part two, as a good CR from one officer isn't as good as CR from another. Also the perception on the actual board differs. You ask any AMS soldier, and they will tell you, you can probably get a better CR from a CMP than a CSMR CO, also the qualification badges you wear will have a bearing how good your CR is depending on where you are.

12. deleted

13. deleted

14. deleted

15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I deleted the post, as I had failed to lock the announcement.