So after the Lord Mayors Show

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by saintstone, Nov 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having watched the Lord Mayor's Show on the tv in the office on this fine day, I occasioned outside the building to see the HAC go past where I work in all their finery, to much applause from the foreign tourists in the area (I work just across the road from their barracks) and thought what a nice sight they made all gussied up for the parade. Then suddenly from nowhere, this apparition appeared and stood and took some of the applause being lavished on the HAC, only to turn out to be a LOF " trooper"?? in full dress walting kit including yogi bear hat. At this point, I wished I had a camera with me.
  2. A weapon of some kind would have been better.
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Or more effectively he could have offered to cook up a quick snack for the LoF tosser!
  4. Not nice, Grem, especially after all the praise I gave the HAC.
  5. Bit harsh that Gremlin, after all he does his best.
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It was too good to resist!

You are better behaved than me though, I would have been tempted to go and have a less than quiet word in his shell-like for the benefit of the uninitiated in the crowd!

Edited to add: that I would quite happily eat any scoff that StS produced, if I was lucky enough to be invited!
  7. Pie and mash all round then, Grem.
    So, a quick question for any HAC types, is there a reason that the HAC had a female Navy type ossifer marching with them on the return to barracks??
  8. Apart from the obvious?
  9. Yes, mind she was a bit of a fox, even in uniform.
  10. She was like a co ordinator/guide