snugpak sasquatch

It's getting colder and I reckon it's gonna' be a very cold winter so I'm thinking of getting a snugpak sasquatch. First are they any good second where is the cheapest place to get one. As I'm a stab I'm thinking of a black one so I can where it down the pub.

Tin of petrol and swan vestas is cheaper.

Yes they are good, even come in camofladge colours. However you see your RSM cutting about in a Nupste jacket, pause and ponder.

They can fill half a rocket pouch if you use a decent dry bag to crush it down. The hood is worth its weight nothing like warm ears to assist you in falling asleep on stag.

Yeah I saw you can get it in multicam for an extra tenner now could I get away with it down the pub ?

Z

Zarathustra

Rab jackets are what the cool kids with too much money are wearing these days apparently.

Yeah rab are good too but can be bugger to look after the down

It's getting colder and I reckon it's gonna' be a very cold winter so I'm thinking of getting a snugpak sasquatch. First are they any good second where is the cheapest place to get one. As I'm a stab I'm thinking of a black one so I can where it down the pub.
Get a Mountain Equipment Duvet. Annapurna or Lightline. Much better than RAB. They don't shed down through every seam!

Unfortunately as cool as down is its too wet 90% of the time in this country. Primaloft is best in this country in my experience (I use both personally). I love my keela belay jacket which can be had for like £40ish for a 133gsm primaloft filled jacket that can be squished into a side pouch of a NIdaysack!

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They are huge. Go down a size. I am normally a L/XL and I could fit a bus load of nurses in my L. Wish I had got a M now.
Definately agree with that. Go down a size. Get the black.
It was worth it's weight when it was -17 and I had a fleece on underneath and everyone else was wrapped up like the Michelin man

I got one for working in Siberia, bought the biggest they had, I was 18 stone and 6'4 and normally have to buy everything xxl

But it was ******* huge and therefore not mega efficient at keeping me warm...

Top tip, try it on before you buy one, they are on the large sze

Top tip, read all the answers before giving the same advice as every other ****** LOL

Unfortunately as cool as down is its too wet 90% of the time in this country.
Spot on IMHO. A widely accepted disadvantage of down, no matter what flavour / treatment, is that it is not very effective when wet. For a general purpose military duvet jacket that makes the choice of down or synthetic easy. Synthetic fills have their disadvantages too, but not as 'killer' as that one for military use.

as annoying as that downfall is, the sasquatch is still an ace bit of kit, so toasty inside!
though again I'll echo the buy a size smaller comments, wish this thread had existed prior to me getting mine!

I purchased a Sasquatch a couple of month ago getting ready for a winter pdt. Is super warm but it just doesn't compress small enough. First excercise I went to put it in my day sack and it half filled it, still had to save room for Gary, radio, spare bty's, gsa, cribs and other bits and bobs, it just wasn't guna happen. It resulted in me selling an Nearly unworn sasquatch on ebay and GeTting the north face. IMO take the hit and buy a north face or a rab.

i live 30 mins from snugpak factory, a few relatives work there also... if you ever get there they have the best seconds room i have ever seen, i got a softie 12 sleeping bag for £50, -15 rated at packs down to the size or a crappy argos -3 bag, in terms of jackets i would just go for a sleeka, they are plenty warm enough for any UK weather.. The snugpak Bivvy is the best thing ever made btw

Buy British

I'm not too worried about the size it packs down as I now work in recruit training the most action is going to see is winding up BB.

well I went and got a black one and its fantastic I recommend it highly but I wouldn't like to do any heavy work in one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Classified Ads 0
skid2 Military Clothing & Boots 0
Japster Weapons, Equipment & Rations 6