Snuff

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by taffridge, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With the Smoking ban in force, can we not bring back the snuff box, or chewing tobacco, I quite fancy sneezing and spitting brown tobacco phlegm on all the health nazis when they come and inspect the pubs.

Anyone out there take snuff or chew tobacco, is it as fun as smoking and where can I get some?

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I take snuff from time to time, there is a good website where I get the dvds.

Oh, you mean the stuff you put up your nose? Try this.
    www.snuffbox.org.uk

I get it from a shop in town, the only tobacconist left in the whole blighted city, thanks to anti-smoking nazis.

3. When I used to smoke, I used to use snuff during long stags. It takes a bit of getting used to and makes you sneeze like a bastard but takes the edge off the nicotine craving. But don't FFS get any of the flavoured shit from the American PX or you'll be tasting root beer in the back of your throat for weeks...

4. The stuff that you want is Gurkha Kaini. For the uninitiated, it's basically fine cut chewing tobacco cut with lime.

A small lump tucked under the bottom lip provides a head-rush unparalleled in legal circles (or so I'm told..ahem). Be prepared to taste nothing but kaini for days though...

B-T

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

If you are anywhere near London this place is quite good:

Segar & Snuff

Try their own brand, which has quite a good kick to it!

6. American Snuff is put in the mouth and left (not chewed) between the lip and gum - horrid sh1t. British snuff is snorted and quite pleasant once you get over the sneezes, don't get them confused wedge!!!

Used it (Brit snuff) on and off for years - eases the nicotine need and great fun to watch some prat take too much and have a face a pug dog for ages! :lol:

7. Got a couple of Swedish mates that use Snus, I tried and it is rank!
    They have this little parcel of baccy stuck under their top lip and hoik it out and shange it every now and again. Minging stuff.

8. Do it with a blade first or can be too big.

9. Got to love the Native American statue they've got, OFnH.

Bring back spitoons, I say - adds a touch of real class to any establishment.

10. It is a massive risk factor for Mouth and throat cancer as well!!

11. Personally, I think a nice line of percy is just the livener I need especially just before C.O's prayers.

12. Its more socially acceptable to do a line or two of foo-foo than spark up a ciggie.

13. Would snuff show up on CDT?

14. Yeah you can do it off the cistern in the officers bogs in RHQ and no ones any the wiser!