Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

SNPland

It'd be fun to see them butt heads. The Scottish UKIP MEP referred to Sturgeon as helmet head the other week on the news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right this guy is pure gold. :)

Gay Ukip MEP: same-sex marriage supporters are equality Nazis

Thursday 30 October 2014

Same-sex marriage supporters are "equality Nazis" and the new laws are "rubbing people's noses in the dirt", a gay Ukip MEP has said.

1414681530-673.jpg

David Coburn described the reforms as "false bollocks" that only matter to "some queen who wants to dress up in a bridal frock and dance up the aisle to the Village People".

In the outspoken interview, the Scotland MEP denied calling the nation's Conservative leader Ruth Davidson a "fat lesbian" but instead likened her to "porridge".

Mr Coburn, who described himself as "spectacularly homosexual" and a "great big screaming poof", told the Huffington Post UK: "What you're doing with the gay marriage issue is you're rubbing people's noses in the dirt.

"Everyone had agreed and been quite happy with the idea of civil partnership, it was all bedded in and people were happy with it, they got used to the idea.

"But when you go across the road to pick a fight with someone of faith, that's not got anything to do with it, that's the equality Nazis trying to give Christianity a jolly good kicking. You know it, I know it, we all know it - it's false bollocks, the lot of it."

Mr Coburn mocked the SNP's Nicola Sturgeon for her "mad scary eyes" and accused Ms Davidson of being "rather boring".

"She could have been a ten pound gorilla or a rhinoceros, and they (the Tories) would still have clapped her (at the Tory conference)," he said. "She's the only thing they've got."

Mr Coburn claimed gay rights groups such as the charity Stonewall "explode" with outrage about everything.

He added: "They are professional bombs that are primed to go off. They are people looking for something to be upset about."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...iage-supporters-are-equality-nazis.1414681531

I would not mind an increased SNP presence - as it currently stands they do not vote on matters they consider to be English in the Westminster parliament. Would they change that if they were in a Labour coalition?
There'd be little point in such a coalition if they did not vote with Scottish Labor.

Will there be a Scottish Labour presence in Westminster after the GE, though? It's looking a bit shaky at the moment, to say the least.

I don't see a governing Labour-SNP coalition as a likely or viable option myself.
It also occurs to me if the SNP are suddenly in a position to swing English legislation and they are not in coalition with Labor you might find them occasionally voting with the Tories who are unlikely to have a majority but may hold the most seats and form a minority government.

After all it's sometimes no skin off their nose and quid pro quos can be wrenched from unwilling parties in such circumstances. And who would follow the example of the Lib-Dems in likely being reduce to a sad rump that barely fill a minibus without a great deal of promised gains.

Once that enjoyable piece of cultural cleansing is over we can turn out attention to the real work - 'Weegies - the Final Solution'

Whatever it is, it won't need to move very fast. Weegieville (at least at 8am and 5pm) is full of very slow moving, even shambling, people. And not all of them are fat knackers.

Political Comedy aside for the day, and currently unfolding on Twitter Robin McAlpine, he of the Common Weal, has been on the radio berating all and sundry for not paying a living wage. (Seems he agrees with Boris, but don't tell him that). Part of the Common weal's reaction to the loss of the indyref was to take that energy and funnel it elsewhere, part of their strategy is set set out a media house and cafes and centres for the pro yes crowd to congregate and plan for their future. They have been successful in raising over £25,000 for this project. They've even started advertising for baristas who will be (drum roll) Unpaid!!

How to shoot your self in the foot, blow a mahoosive hole in one of your flagship policies and look like a bunch of hypocritical tits.

part of their strategy is set set out a media house and cafes and centres for the pro yes crowd to congregate and plan for their future. They have been successful in raising over £25,000 for this project. They've even started advertising for baristas who will be (drum roll) Unpaid!!.

There is a "Yes Bar" (used to be the Vespbar) on Drury St. I've walked past it, once ...

There is a "Yes Bar" (used to be the Vespbar) on Drury St. I've walked past it, once ...

It's getting rather amusing,
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/a-scottish-anti-poverty-group-is-advertising-for-six-unpaid

This is their indiegogo, see what they are asking for:

All the profits from their cafes will driven back into the Campaign, so not paying your staff then.

There is a massive disconnect there - having worked in that industry before, the hours are long, the work is tougher than many would think and they pay is abysmal full stop, tips are the thing that helps take a shitty wage and turn it into a reasonable one - that they are asking for people to work for free and while using the profits to further their agenda which includes "a living wage" for all. Is rank hypocrisy of the first order.