Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

SNPland

alib

LE
In The Indy Labour facing complete political annihilation in Scotland as poll reveals party could win as few as four seats

Pretty drastic polling:
31OctPollWEB.jpg

Could change a great deal but clearly the SNP have gained a huge boost thanks to secession's voter mobilization effect. The SNP in its rather similar insurgency against the Westminster elite may have become Labor's UKIP.

Special Ed loses 37 seats, Lib Dems also wiped out losing 9 seats, 54 SNP seats! Must be Music to Dave's ears however if that pans out it could make the Tartan Tories a Westminster kingmaker in 2015.

Now what does that mean for Dave's duplicitous bit of post-referendum Sweaty bashing English Votes For English Laws? Well he has Ed by the nads forcing him to run against it hard which won't play well with the self interested English. On the other hand imagine swapping the unhappy pairing with the Cleggites for a SNP-Con pact??? Only a miserable Milliband being ridden over the hedges by yerwoman Sturgeon would be more amusing.

Milliband is finished and will be replaced as soon as themGE is over, unless there is a miracle and they actually poll well.

IMHO SNP will do well but not as well as this poll shows. They are benefitting a bit from the referendum result but that won't last long and normal service will be resumed soon.

In the meantime I will enjoy Labour's pain, they deserve it for their past arrogance in Scotland.

Milliband is finished and will be replaced as soon as themGE is over, unless there is a miracle and they actually poll well.

IMHO SNP will do well but not as well as this poll shows. They are benefitting a bit from the referendum result but that won't last long and normal service will be resumed soon.

In the meantime I will enjoy Labour's pain, they deserve it for their past arrogance in Scotland.

I'll be betting there are ore than a few in Labour who wosh they drew the long knives a year back. It must be awful knowing that the guy you have leading you offers zero hope of power bar some wierd voting ratios not allowing them in.

My only surprise was the size of the blue bit.

I'm surprised the Tories have gone down in the poll. Would've expected about the same as before. Conservative voters drifting to the Nats as well now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only surprise was the size of the blue bit.
From memory the Tories polled almost as many as SNP in the last GE - they're just spread rather thinly across the country.

As others suggest SNP is benefiting from Labour's tendency to treat its electorate as a given: there was a similar protest effect with the BNP down south a few years back.

If Jim Murphy gets the Scottish Labour leadership I think they will bounce back as although I'm no labour voter he came across as a real grafter (for a politician) in the ref and seemed to be quite popular. Ruth Davidson from the conservatives also impressed and although tory results will never be high in Scotland her track record from the ref could win a few votes.

If Jim Murphy gets the Scottish Labour leadership I think they will bounce back as although I'm no labour voter he came across as a real grafter (for a politician) in the ref and seemed to be quite popular. Ruth Davidson from the conservatives also impressed and although tory results will never be high in Scotland her track record from the ref could win a few votes.

He does come across well and seems to have a brain. Think he would be the best pick from labour up there.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I think we are seeing the gradual demise of the traditional three party system. Few voters seem to have much faith in either the policies or the integrity of Labour, the Tories or the Limp Dems, so they are voting for alternatives as a form of protest. There was a bit of reluctance to do this in the GE, but if the vote for the three main parties continues to fragment, voters will see it as less of a risk and will be more inclined to vote for the minor parties.

Wordsmith

As you say, Murphy would appear to be making the right noises and I would suspect that his personal drive and hard work will make many wavering voters reconsider Labour at the expense of the SNP.

By default, this may be advantageous to the Conservatives-though 2 Scottish seats (potentially) is not earth-shattering.

He does come across well and seems to have a brain. Think he would be the best pick from labour up there.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Which probably means he is at a disadvantage in the Scottish leadership election. The vote in Scotland is not one member one vote but the old fashioned smokey room politics. Some apparatchiks may see him as too clever and not easily managed.